Vegetable pulao recipe. Called by various names such as pilaf or pulav, veg pulao is one of the most common rice dishes in India, the other being Veg Biryani. A pulao is a one pot dish of rice and vegetables or a protein cooked together with aromatics (onions, garlic, ginger etc), spices and herbs. Veg pulao or vegetable pulao is a basic Indian style rice pilaf that is aromatic, delicious, healthy & super quick to make for a meal.
Vegetable Pulao (Veg Pulav) is a spicy rice dish prepared by cooking rice with various vegetables and spices. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, add onions and stir till they become light pink. The Mixed Vegetable Pulao Recipe is a simple and quick to cook dish for the busy weeknights. You can cook Vegetable pulao recipe using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable pulao recipe
- You need 500 grams of mix vegetables.
- It’s 500 grams of basmati rice or any other rice.
- You need 500 grams of rice.
- You need 2 of onions slices.
- You need 2 of tomatoes diced.
- It’s 1 of medium bulb garlic peeled.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger pieces.
- You need 4-5 of green chillies.
- It’s leaves of few coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yoghurt.
- You need 2 of small sticks cinnamon.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- It’s 2 of cardomons.
- It’s of few peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
Pack the pulao with lots of steamed vegetables as it gives you the required nutrition for the day. You can also pack this for your Lunch Box in the morning. Serve Mixed Vegetable Pulao along with Boondi Raita, Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita or any other raita of your choice and a roasted papad. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
Vegetable pulao recipe step by step
- Grind ginger garlic green chillies coriander leaves into fine paste.
- Heat oil or ghee in a vessel add cloves cardomons cinnamons peppercorns bay leaves cumin seeds once they spultter well in oil add onions.
- Once onions are light golden add vegetables fry 1 minute then add ginger garlic green chilli coriander leaves paste also add yoghurt cumin coriander powder and salt fry till oil oozes out.
- Once oil seperates out add tomatoes fry 1 minute on high heat do not mash the tomatoes.
- Then add washed and 15 minutes soaked basmati rice fry 1 or 2 minutes on high heat.
- Add double water to that of rice boil 3 to 4 minutes on high heat adjust salt too as per rice.
- After 3 to 4 minutes on high heat simmer and cover for 10 to 12 minutes then off gas wait for 10 minutes then open and mix once.
- Serve with raita kachumber chutney salads or with any chicken or mutton gravies.
- U can watch complete video of this recipe on my youtube channel on the given link below https://youtu.be/3kPbSYT95GM.
Vegetable pulao in the instant pot is a fragrant, fluffy and very satisfying rice dish that is made for busy weeknights. Basmati rice, mixed vegetables of your choice plus a few whole spices come together in a one-pot recipe that will be a sure hit at the dinner table! aloo sabzi for puri aloo curry for puri with step by step photo and video recipe. potato vegetables is one versatile ingredient and can be used to make different types of recipes. even within the curry section, you can make myriad types by having potato as a hero or side ingredients. but this recipe post describes one of the popular north indian. Veg pulao recipe, how to make veg pulao Next, add boiled green peas and mix well.