burrito pie. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for. Directions In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, if desired.
Add taco seasoning and tomatoes and cook until heated through. Place a small amount of beef in the bottom of the prepared pan. Add onion, garlic, taco seasoning and water. You can have burrito pie using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of burrito pie
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 medium of onion, minced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 16 oz of taco sauce.
- You need 10 oz of diced tomatoes.
- You need 4 oz of chopped green chilies.
- It’s 4 oz of sliced ripe olives, drained.
- Prepare 1 packages of 8 inch tortillas, cut in half.
- You need 4 cup of shredded colby-monterey jack cheese.
- You need 2 can of (15 ounces each) ranch style beans.
Mix in olives, chilies, tomatoes, taco sauce and refried beans. Add one third of the cheese in a layer over the filling. Repeat with another layer of "beany" tortilla, filling and cheese. Make another layer of bean tortillas, then finish with the remaining cheese.
burrito pie instructions
- preheat oven to 350°. in a large skilled, cook beef and onion over medium heat till meat is no longer pink. add garlic and cook one minute longer. drain fat from meat. stir in beans, tacos sauce, tomatoes, chilies, and olives. bring to a boil. reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or till slightly thickened..
- in a large casserole dish layer burrito halves, meat, and cheese, making two layers..
- cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes longer or till bubbly and cheese is melted..
This is a dish I have been making for years. It's a simple and delicious meal that can be on the table in a flash! Mix Bisquick, water and refried beans together and put it in the bottom of a greased pie plate. Brown and drain seasoned ground beef; put on top of mixture in pie plate. Make a burrito packed with your favourite fillings for a satisfying lunch or dinner.