Leeks and Potatoes. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add sliced leeks to bowl with potatoes. Mix together melted butter and oil.
Peel potatoes and cut into thick slices; add to frying pan. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add sweet pepper and leek and and toss to combine. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- It’s of Meat and vegetables.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s 2 quart of water.
- Prepare of Precooked extras.
- Prepare 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- Prepare 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- You need of Spices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Thickener and frying.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need To taste of salt.
Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add leeks; return to a boil. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
First, slice your potatoes into quarters, then peel and slice your red onion into thin strips. Remove leeks from water and place all vegetables into a clean mixing bowl. Potato Leek Casserole is made with sliced potatoes, garlic, saute leeks, a combination of cream and Gruyere cheese and is baked to perfection. Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven…like cookies & milk, like peanut butter & chocolate, like cheese & wine, like champagne & strawberries….but I digress. All right, so you've got my point?