Mama's Southern Potato Salad. Fill Your Cart With Color today! After they cool, peel them and chop them. Boil the potatoes until they are fork tender.
Add the mayonnaise, celery, pickle relish, and mustard. Mix all of the ingredients until. In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing/mayonnaise and mustard; mix well. You can cook Mama's Southern Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mama's Southern Potato Salad
- Prepare 4-6 of Med to Large Russet potatoes or 8-10 Red potatoes (Using russets in the pictures).
- You need 4 of Large Eggs (or more if you like, my family does, so I use 6, at least).
- You need 1 of Med Sweet onion or 1 Bundle Green Onions (Optional) Using sweet onion for these pics.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c. of Mayonnaise (Maybe a little more or less to taste).
- You need 1/3 c. of Sweet Relish.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of (of each) Spicy, Honey Dijon, and Reg. Mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of Creole Seasoning (More or Less depending on how you like your spice level!! You can buy at the grocery store but I also have a homemade recipe for it as well, on my page).
- Prepare 1/4 c. of Bacon Bits or 2-3 slices of bacon, fried and broken up.
- Prepare 2-3 of Roasted Garlic Cloves minced and chopped up (Easy, EASY recipe also available for Roasted Garlic on my page) or Couple tbsp Minced garlic, Garlic Salt or Powder will work too.
- It’s To Taste of Salt and Pepper.
Pour salad dressing mixture over the potato mixture; gently mix together thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Instructions First, wash and chop the potatoes into manageable, bite-size, cubes and put them into a large pot. While the potatoes are cooking, press the tofu for the Vegan Hard Boiled Egg Crumble and whip up a batch of our no-cook.
Mama's Southern Potato Salad step by step
- Get the potatoes in heavily salted water, begin to slowly boil, to be able to add eggs. Add eggs when boiling starts. Cover and let boil for another 10 – 15 min..
- While the boiling is going on, prepare the onions and precooked garlic (if that's what your using, this is the garlic in the pic) Chop or dice both very finely..
- This is the chopped onion..
- Once the boiling is finished. Drain the water off of the potatoes and eggs. Cool down easiest way possible…. for me I drain the hot water off and add cold water, then refrigerate while getting other ingredients together. If I'm in a hurry I do an ice bath, pull off the heat, drain, then add ice and cold, COLD water to it. Let it sit for a few min then begin the peeling process. This way the skins of the potatoes will peel straight off with your fingers, nothing else needed..
- Once potatoes are peeled, dice LARGELY!! Peel eggs and dice LARGELY, as well. When you mix everything it will come together great, so go BIGGER on cutting up the POTATOES N EGGS!! That's kinda the great thing about this recipe your cuts don't have to be perfect!! Go ahead and add garlic and seasoning (salt, pepper, creole, ect.) and stir it up!!.
- Last step!! Mix it all together!!! Add the mustard, mayo, relish!! The longer you can let it sit, and marinate, it makes it better. I usually make mine the night before and that's the way my family likes it!!.
Now, add the chopped celery, onion, and dill. I think the Best Southern Cooks use Simple Ingredients. I hope you enjoyed this Southern Cooking Tutorial where "We Cook Like Mama Did". Please share our … Breakfast Biscuits with Sausage & Cheddar Low-Carb + Gluten-Free + Easy To Make.