Banana Bread. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Banana Bread Recipe on eBay.
In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. A fantastic quick bread, which makes use of over-ripe bananas. Its incredibly moist, fruity and utterly delicious. You can have Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 220 g of softened butter.
- It’s 300 g of sugar.
- Prepare 1 packet of vanilla sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 4 of very(!) ripe bananas, mashed with a fork.
- It’s 375 g of flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 250 ml of Greek yogurt.
- You need 100 g of chocolate chips or coarsely chopped, bake-proof chocolate.
- It’s 1 of Bundt- or Gugelhupf cake tin.
Enjoy for afternoon tea, elevenses or pop into packed lunches. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the melted butter and caster sugar with a wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract or cinnamon (or use both if you like), then beat in the eggs. Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then gently fold in, along with the nuts, if using.
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (upper and lower heat). Grease the cake tin..
- Mix the butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar using a hand mixer, until light and creamy. Mix until the sugar has dissolved, which takes about 5-7 min..
- Stir in one egg after the other. Mix until you get a smooth mixture..
- Add the mashed bananas. Don’t worry if the batter looks a little lumpy or strange, this is what it’s supposed to look like!.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl. Mix well..
- Add half of the flour mixture and all of the Greek yogurt to the batter. Mix. Lastly add the rest of the flour and the chocolate chips/chunks. Don’t overwork the batter by mixing too much..
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check the cake after 30 minutes; if the cake is browning too quickly, loosely place a sheet of aluminum foil on top of the cake. This will prevent the top of the cake to get too dark. Remove the foil towards the end of the baking time..
- Let the cake cool off completely in the cake tin. Then turn out the cake onto a cake platter..
Banana bread is a cake tin classic. Easy to make, great with tea and beloved by kids and adults alike, it's not hard to see why this is one of the most popular baking recipes on BBC Good Food. Banana bread is a great recipe to make with kids, and they'll enjoy tucking into it, too! In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar and beat until blended. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the peeled and mashed bananas.