[Farmhouse Recipe] Our Family's Rich and Tasty Pot au Feu. Check Out Farmhouse Recipe On eBay. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Great recipe for [Farmhouse Recipe] Our Family's Rich and Tasty Pot au Feu.
I used to use a block of beef or pork in pot au feu, but I tried using bacon and sausage for more richness. Pot au Feu Recipe: Easy to Make & Delicious! We love to hear from our visitors, please leave us a comment at the bottom of the page! You can cook [Farmhouse Recipe] Our Family's Rich and Tasty Pot au Feu using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Our Family's Rich and Tasty Pot au Feu
- You need of The meat:.
- You need 400 grams of Chicken thighs.
- It’s 600 grams of Bacon block.
- It’s 8 of Wiener sausages.
- It’s of The vegetables:.
- Prepare 5 of Onions (small).
- You need 2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 4 of stalks Celery.
- It’s 3 small of turnips.
- It’s 1/4 of Cabbage.
- Prepare of The soup:.
- It’s 3 large of Water.
- Prepare 6 of Soup stock cubes (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Pot au feu is a traditional French dish which in fact provides two dishes from the one recipe. The first dish is made with the meat and vegetables and served the same day and the second dish made with the beef bouillon is served the next day. Pot au feu; Pot au feu. The pot-au-feu is a very traditional Provençal dishes.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Our Family's Rich and Tasty Pot au Feu step by step
- Use the celery leaves too. Cut up the vegetables into big pieces. Big pieces look more inviting..
- Cut the chicken into big chunks. Make diagonal cuts into the sausages. If you don't do this, they will split when heated..
- Put all the meat, vegetables and soup into a large pot. Simmer for one hour..
- Skim off any scum..
- Enjoy the pot au feu with grainy mustard or good salt..
- You can make a delicious curry with leftover broth and vegetables..
- But my top recommendation is to make beef stew with it. Stew made with top quality broth is amazing..
- You can freeze the broth. I use it for soup pasta and other dishes..
Pot-au-Feu is literally translated to "pot on the fire", which is essentially a French stew. Typically, it is made with beef although can easily be made with pork as well. Many countries have a variation on pot-au-feu, as it is typically a way to use low cost (less desirable) cuts of meat. The French pot-au-feu is easy to make, it is. The pot-au-feu is not so easy to succeed, it requires time and attention.