Vickys St Patricks Fudge – Grasshopper Pie Style, GF DF EF SF NF. This is such an easy way to make fudge of any flavour. Use different extracts and colours to make strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, rum, orange – any flavour you like. You don't even need the biscuit base.
Vickys Puff Pastry, GF DF EF SF NF [email protected] Free-From Cookbook Scotland. So use one or two jars depending on your sweetness. Save this recipe and keep it for later. You can cook Vickys St Patricks Fudge – Grasshopper Pie Style, GF DF EF SF NF using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys St Patricks Fudge – Grasshopper Pie Style, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 50 grams of bourbon cream biscuits or oreo cookies – roughly 5 cookies, my free-from recipe link is below.
- It’s 450 grams of stiff buttercream frosting – don't make it too loose. The Betty Crocker brand of vanilla buttercream style frosting is free from gluten, dairy, egg & soy.
- It’s 340 grams of white chocolate, see my free-from recipe link below.
- You need 2 tsp of mint extract.
- You need of green gel food colouring.
My mom used to whip this one up for us on special holidays. You can make it with your favorite home-baked recipe for rich dark chocolate cookies or use store-bought. Save this recipe and keep it for later. In a saucepan, mix together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt.
Vickys St Patricks Fudge – Grasshopper Pie Style, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put the cookies in a ziplock bag, press the air out, seal it and then beat it with a rolling pin to break them into crumbs. You can use a food processor if you prefer https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360763-vickys-oreo-cookies-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Line a swiss roll or jelly roll tin with parchment paper.
- Pat the cookie crumbs evenly into the bottom of the tin.
- Put the buttercream in a large mixing bowl. I would use 350g/12oz butter (gold foil wrapped Stork block margarine is dairy & soy-free) to 675g/1.5lbs powdered sugar if I was making my own for this.
- Mix in the mint extract and a little gel green to make the buttercream a pale pastel green colour.
- Melt the broken chocolate in a microwaveable bowl on high in 30 second increments until done or over a bain marie on the stove https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343048-vickys-homemade-white-chocolate-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Stir it into the buttercream and mix well, it'll start to stiffen very quickly.
- Spoon the mixture over the cookie crumb base and smooth over the top with a wet spoon.
- Top with some chocolate strands if you like. The Dr Oetker ones are free-from. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut into squares and serve.
When chilled and firm, tent with foil (try not to touch surface with foil as it will leave marks) and store in fridge. Open-freeze undecorated pie just until solid, then wrap pie (still. See more ideas about scottish recipes, recipes, british food. Oh Nigella, can you do no wrong? So it seems, following the release of her latest book of seriously mouth-watering recipes!