Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Wisk together sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined. Pour evenly over bread in baking dish. Using the back of a spatula gently press bread down into liquid. You can have Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- It’s of Brioche Bread (about 8 cups when cubed).
- You need of granulated sugar.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of milk.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Caramel Sauce.
- Prepare of light brown sugar.
- You need of half and half (or 2T cream/2T milk).
- You need of butter.
- It’s of salt.
Pour the milk/egg mixture over the cubed bread in the casserole dish. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce; serve warm with vanilla ice cream and extra sauce! Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce step by step. Arrange bread cubes in baking dish to fit snug together and as evenly layered as possible.
Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with butter, or spray with nonstick spray. My dish measures about 8×11 or so. (9×13 is too big for this in my opinion). Arrange bread cubes in baking dish to fit snug together and as evenly layered as possible..
- Wisk together sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined. Pour evenly over bread in baking dish. Using the back of a spatula gently press bread down into liquid. Let sit 15-20 minutes for bread to soak up a good amount of the liquid. Press down gently once more (do not "squish")..
- Place in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until just set in the center and top is golden (mine was 50 minutes). If edges start to brown too much you can loosely cover them with foil, but do not cover the dish completely (you'll get a soggy top)..
- While baking, make your caramel sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium heat wisk together brown sugar and half & half. When it starts to steam wisk in butter until melted. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, wisking constantly so not to burn. You are looking for it to thicken slightly and turn a nice "caramel" color (it will thicken even more as it cools). Remove from heat and set aside..
- When bread pudding is finished remove from oven. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting to serve hot. Or let cool completely then cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold. This is how we like it, and frankly I find it tastes best this way!.
Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet or casserole dish in the oven while it preheats. Combine milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl; mix. Add cubed bread and stir to mix. In medium bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, vanilla, sugar and salt. Add bread and toss to coat,.