Creamy Spicy Cajun Baby Potatoes. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Spicy Cajun on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Cajun potatoes are made with baby potatoes which are tossed in flour to give a nice crisp texture and then topped with cajun spiced mayonnaise.
Drain and Set aside to cool. Coat potatoes in cornflour mix and drop in oil. Taste and texture: Cajun-spiced potatoes feel soft from inside and lightly coated crunchy at the top. You can have Creamy Spicy Cajun Baby Potatoes using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Spicy Cajun Baby Potatoes
- Prepare of or 10 – 12 Baby Potatoes.
- You need of Thousand Island Dressing or eggless mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Cajun Spice Mix (it has garlic powder) (homemade, recipe given below).
- It’s of finely chopped onions.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- You need of Red Chilli Powder or as per the taste.
- It’s of Pepper Powder.
- Prepare of Salt or to Taste.
- It’s of Olive Oil for shallow Frying.
- You need of For the garnish.
- You need of chilli flakes.
- You need of cilantro leaves.
- It’s of Homemade Cajun mix spice recipe.
- You need of Ingredients.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of paprika.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of onion powder.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- You need of dried oregano.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- You need of red chilli flakes.
The creamy sauce mixed with herbs tastes and smells simply delicious. This dish is a simple dish and the ingredients used are common in a normal. Baby potatoes are simply potatoes that are picked before they reach their full size, and can be from any variety that is grown year-round. These mini spuds can be boiled, roasted or fried and served as a side.
Creamy Spicy Cajun Baby Potatoes step by step
- Firstly make the Dip for the Cajun Potatoes Mix together the eggless mayonnaise Cajun Spice Mix, lemon juice, chopped onions, Pepper and Salt and set aside..
- Preparing the baby Potatoes Scrub the baby potatoes and wash them thoroughly to get rid of any dirt..
- Boil or pressure cook the baby potatoes (with skin) in salted water till just tender or 3/4th done. Let the potatoes cool..
- Using a heavy spoon or your palms, squash each baby potato till the skin just splits..
- In a shallow pan, heat about 2 teaspoons of olive oil and shallow fry the baby potatoes 5-6 at a time turning them occasionally until they become golden and crisp on all sides.
- Take out on a plate with a slotted spoon, to drain all excess oil..
- Arrange the baby potatoes in a plate and drizzle a generous amount of prepared cajun sauce or dip on each potato, sprinkle chilli flakes, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately..
- My tip Potatoes and the dip can be served separately as per the choice..
- For preparing the homemade cajun spice mix – Stir together salt, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes until evenly blended. Store in an airtight container. It can be used for more then six months if kept in dry and cool conditions..
Drain and leave to steam-dry in the colander for a few minutes. Toss the potatoes with the Cajun seasoning, half the oil and a good pinch of salt. In a small mixing bowl, add melted butter, Cajun seasoning. Add half of the seasoning to the potatoes. Spread potatoes in a single layer.