Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. Low Prices on Salted Caramel Sauce. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Homemade Caramel? We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Heat over medium-low heat until little bubbles form on the side. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in the cream. To make a salted caramel milkshake, blend two tablespoons of salted caramel sauce with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and a few ice cubes. You can cook Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of unsalted butter, rom temperature and cut into pieces.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- You need of salt (or more to taste).
Blend and top with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce. Add the salt and the rum (if using), mix, then leave to cool slightly. Pour sugar and water into a small saucepan; swirl gently to combine. Heat over medium-low heat until little bubbles form on the side.
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce instructions
- Heat the granulated sugar over medium heat in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. The sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick amber colored liquid as you stir. Careful not to let it burn!.
- Once the sugar is completely melted, add the butter. Be careful, as it will bubble rapidly when the butter is added. Whisk the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes..
- Very slowly and carefully, drizzle in the heavy cream while whisking. Due to the temperature difference, the mixture will rapidly bubble or may splatter. Allow it to boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to cool before using..
- To store, make sure it is covered completely and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It will solidify once cold. Warm the caramel up for a few seconds before using it..
Remove from heat and carefully whisk in heavy cream. How to Make Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce To get started, you'll need a medium to large sized saucepan. Be sure there's plenty of room, because things will bubble up quite a bit and you don't want it to overflow. Combine the sugar and water in your saucepan and cook over medium low heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring as needed. Stir the melting sugar and allow it to cook until it turns a deep amber color.