Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe. To make Chicken Biryani in Pressure Cooker In a pressure cooker with medium heat, pour oil, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, star anise, javitri, cardamom, and green chili. Saute until it turns aromatic Now add the thinly sliced onions and saute until the onions are caramelized. In a pressure cooker, add the ghee and oil and when hot, add the marinated chicken pieces.
This is a fail proof beginners / bachelors friendly recipe that can be made with easy to find ingredients! Cuisine: Indian, madras, south indian, tamil nadu. As the liquid returns to a simmer, add the drained fried Biryani rice and give it a stir once more. You can have Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe
- You need 4 cups of basmati rice of.
- You need 8 – 10 of chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare 3 of onions large sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsps of ginger paste.
- You need 2 tbsps of garlic paste.
- It’s 3 of green chillies.
- It’s Handful of coriander leaves mint leaves each of and.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsps of masala store bought Biryani (MTR or Eastern brand).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter).
- It’s 3 cloves of cardamom ,.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/4 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3 tbsps of yogurt.
- You need 2 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of cashew nuts.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Close the pressure cooker on medium heat. Heat ghee in your Instant Pot and when it's hot, put in all the tempering spices. Once they start to sizzle, put in the thinly sliced onion and cook until it's well-browned and crisp at the edges. Put in the bite size chicken pieces and salt.
Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe instructions
- First we begin by prepping a few things: Wash the rice and soak it in some water. Next grind the ginger, garlic and green chillies together. Chop and prep the other ingredients such as the chicken and onions..
- Add 1/4 cup ghee to the pressure cooker, and once it has melted through and heated add the spices: staranise, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Fry for a few seconds and then add the onions and continue frying over medium heat until the onions start to brown..
- Next add the ginger-garlic-chilli mix and continue frying. The biryani masala, turmeric powder and the yogurt and mix it all together..
- Add the chicken pieces and mix together and coat the chicken well with the fragrant delicious smelling masala..
- Add 6 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk and season with salt..
- Reduce the heat to medium low and let it cook till the chicken is cooked about 50%.
- Drain the rice and add it to the cooker along with the coriander and mint leaves..
- Check for seasoning one last time, before closing the cooker and letting it cook for 2 whistles and turn the flame off..
- While the cooker was doing its job, I fried the cashew nuts in 1/4 cup ghee :).
- Once the pressure has released, open up the cooker. I gently transfered the rice to a serving bowl and granished it with the deliciously fragrant fried cashew nuts..
- Serve with some raita and chicken 65 like I did..
Fluff the rice gently, drizzle some ghee and garnish with coriander leaves and fried onion. Serve with any raita or plain curd Pat dry chicken with paper towel, then season one side of chicken with kosher salt and black pepper. How to make Chicken Biryani in the Pressure cooker? Then layer the partially cooked rice over it. Sprinkle coriander leaves, mint leaves, and saffron milk.