Spicy Bean Burritos. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, chili powder, chipotle, adobo sauce, cumin, and cayenne. Add in drained and rinsed beans, and water.
Spicy Black Bean Burritos Easy, delicious, and incredibly satisfying, these black bean burritos are the weeknight dinner you need in your life. Made with layers of spicy black beans, coconut rice, and creamy avocado slices, these vegan burritos are great for meal-prep and easy on your budget! Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. You can have Spicy Bean Burritos using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Bean Burritos
- Prepare of Rice.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Basmati Rice.
- You need 3/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Light Coconut Milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 of Lime.
- It’s of Small Handful of Coriander (chopped).
- Prepare of Bean Filling.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1 of Medium-sized Onion – Diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 of Jalapeño – Seeded and Minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic – Minced.
- It’s 2 Cans of Black Beans.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lime.
- It’s of Small Handful Coriander.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt.
- You need of Wrap.
- You need 6 of Large Tortilla Wraps.
- It’s 1 of Ready to Eat Avocado.
- Prepare of Sriracha.
Add the beans and broth, and bring to a boil. Spread the tortillas with the warm bean paste, then add a serving spoon of the filling and a spoonful of red pepper, and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up the tortillas and place on greased baking tins. Make a burrito packed with your favourite fillings for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Spicy Bean Burritos instructions
- Wash rice until water runs clear and place rice into a medium sized pot.
- Add coconut milk, water and salt. On medium-high heat bring to a boil with stirring then cover and lower heat to a simmer until all liquid has been absorbed..
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it rest for 5mins. Finish by mixing in lime and coriander..
- Whilst the rice cooks, heat oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Mix in oregano, cumin, jalapeño, Kashmiri red chilli powder and garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add washed black beans with 1/2 a cup of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower to a simmer..
- After 10mins, mash half the beans with a fork and continue reducing. Add lime, coriander and salt to taste.
- Once desired consistency is reached (bearing in mind that the mixture will thicken as it cools), remove from the heat..
- To assemble, place inch-wide equal columns of rice and bean mixture on a tortilla wrap (heat the wrap slightly to avoid tearing).
- Add slices of avocado and Sriracha.
- Fold in the sides, roll and enjoy!.
Choose from beef, chicken or vegetables, then fill with spicy rice, beans and cheese. Use any leftover beans and tomatoes to make some homemade baked beans – add a pinch of paprika for a smoky kick. Peel and finely slice the onion, then deseed and slice up the pepper. Add the sweetcorn and mix well. Spicy Beef And Bean Burrito Recipe Spicy Beef And Bean Burrito Recipe, stuffed with a simple, super tasty seasoned beef, beans, cheese and other fillings of choice.