Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. In a separate bowl, beat together room temperature eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Continue to add in the rest of the powdered sugar and beat. Vanilla buttercream is my first choice- I love sweet, creamy vanilla with chocolate cupcakes and sprinkles. Kids love these as birthday treats, too. You can cook Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 3/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of butter/margarine.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of frosting:.
- Prepare 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of margarine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
If you want to take it a step further, try swirled frosting instead! Make frosting by creaming together butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer. Beat in two tablespoons milk and continue beating until a thick spreadable mixture forms. If frosting seems too thick add remaining tablespoon milk.
Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting instructions
- Sift and set aside the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt..
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add and beat in eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually add and mix the flour mixture, alternating with sour cream, and ending with flour..
- Fill up 3/4 of each baking cup with the batter. Bake for approx. 20 minutes at 350°F..
- FROSTING: mix butter until smooth, beat in powdered sugar, then vanilla and milk..
- Pipe the buttercream frosting onto the cupcakes. Add strawberries and coconut on top for decoration and extra flavor 🙃(optional)..
For the Frosting: Beat butter for two minutes. Add vanilla extract, cocoa powder and milk and beat again until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired frosting consistency. Prepare the cupcakes: Put the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter in mixing bowl. Beat on slow speed until everything is combined and you have a crumb mixture with a sandy consistency.