Spanish olive stuffed chicken thighs. Make the paprika paste Debone the thighs and stuff an even amount of the stuffing under the skin of each thigh and loosely roll the meat and then the skin underneath the thigh, salt and pepper. Add the chicken thighs to the skillet, nestling them between the veggies. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the Spanish paprika, salt, and pepper.
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place in a large heavy-based pan over a high head and add the olive oil. Brown the chicken thighs all over, placing them skin-side down first as they will release a bit of fat, which will turn the chicken a lovely golden brown. You can cook Spanish olive stuffed chicken thighs using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish olive stuffed chicken thighs
- You need 4 of bone in skin on chicken thighs deboned.
- Prepare of Stuffing—————.
- It’s 3 oz of pimento green olives chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large garlic minced.
- You need of Large lemon zested, juice set aside.
- Prepare of Paprika paste————.
- You need 3 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of evo and a splash of olive or caper juice if you like.
- You need 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need of Veggies————.
- You need of Fennel quartered.
- Prepare Half of medium yellow onion quartered.
- Prepare of Red potatoes quartered.
- Prepare 3 oz of capers drained.
Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the olive oil to your cast iron skillet and heat on medium-high. Add in the uncooked rice and cook for a minute. Stir in sherry if you like.
Spanish olive stuffed chicken thighs step by step
- Quarter the veggies and add to a foil lined pan. Add a cup evo and season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, juice of the lemon, capers and put a cooling rack on top.
- Add the stuffing ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Make the paprika paste.
- Debone the thighs and stuff an even amount of the stuffing under the skin of each thigh and loosely roll the meat and then the skin underneath the thigh, salt and pepper..
- Rub the paste all over the chicken and set back on the rack and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan and sear the bottom of the thighs to crisp the under skin and add back to the rack and then in to the 400 degree pre heated oven and cook for 55 minutes..
- Remove the rack with the thighs and add the veggies back into the oven and broil the veggies on high until slightly crisp, maybe 2 to 4 minutes (watch close).
- Slice the chicken thighs and place on top of the potatoes and veggies and spoon a little of the reserved sauce over the top and serve.
If you want to thicken sauce, remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Serve chicken on rice, pasta or boiled potatoes with the sauce spooned over top. Combine feta cheese, onion, and garlic in a small bowl. Add olive oil and mix into a smooth paste. Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe: an easy and flavorful Mediterranean Chicken recipe using chicken, olives, rosemary, oregano, white wine/chicken stock with butter.