Quick Sweet Potato 🍠 Soup 🥣. Sweet potatoes cooked in chicken broth are seasoned with with nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon. and cayenne in this quick and easy soup recipe. ABOUT THE RECIPE: Quick and jazzylicious! This tummy-warming Quick Sweet Potato Soup makes a lovely luncheon or supper entrée but serves equally well as a tasty first course for a festive meal.
It's absolutely delicious 😋 I had change it a little bit from your recipe, I skipped the butter😀 because my hubby and I try to limited fat/oil. This Sweet Potato Soup is so damn good that not one, but TWO people with peanut allergies couldn't resist having a bowl after they witnessed it being cooked. Sure, they had to take a load of anti-allergy pills afterwards, and probably felt rough for days, but they decided it was worth it. You can cook Quick Sweet Potato 🍠 Soup 🥣 using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Sweet Potato 🍠 Soup 🥣
- Prepare 2 of large sweet potatoes, peeled.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of margarine OR butter.
- It’s 1 carton (32 ounce) of chicken broth OR Chicken stock.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
Before we continue however, we really do NOT recommend trying this recipe. Learn how to cook great Quick and easy sweet potato soup. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Quick and easy sweet potato soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Quick and easy sweet potato soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.
Quick Sweet Potato 🍠 Soup 🥣 step by step
- Cut your sweet potatoes into chunks……..
- In a large pot melt your margarine or butter……..
- Place cut up sweet potatoes and sliced onion into pot, sauté until potato is slightly tender and onion is wilted…….
- Add to pot your chicken broth or stock, white pepper, ground nutmeg and cinnamon powder, heat to boiling……..Continue to cook until sweet potatoes are tender and broth has been reduced slightly……At this point you can add a little bit of salt if you like……..
- Reduce heat and add in your heavy cream, heat on low heat for several minutes……..
- Serve in a bowl topped with extra cinnamon powder and enjoy 😉!.
Sweet potato soup warmly spiced and beautifully presented. Use creme fraiche if available in place of the sour cream.. All I have to say is WOW! One quick tip: I microwaved my sweet potato until tender and then mashed with a fork to speed up the process. It was a quicker cook time, made the sweet potato easier to puree.