Instapot rice pudding. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Rinse rice until water runs clear.
In the Instant Pot, combine rice, sugar, salt, and milk. Select Sauté function and bring contents to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, cover and lock lid in place. You can cook Instapot rice pudding using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instapot rice pudding
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmati rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy whipping cream *divided*.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of raisins (optional) do not soak them.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 3/4-1 cup of sugar: I suggest 3/4 if using raisins in recipe.
Select Manual or Pressure Cook function on the Instant Pot and adjust to low pressure. Make Instant Pot Rice Pudding Pour all the milk mixture into the cooked rice. Bring the rice pudding mixture to a simmer (Instant Pot: press "Cancel", then "Saute" button). How to make rice pudding in an instant pot pressure cooker Rinse the rice until the water runs clear Turn on your instant pot and add milk in the inner pot.
Instapot rice pudding step by step
- Put salt, water and rice in your instapot. Cook on low pressure on the rice setting. When done left self depressurize and beging mixing ingredients while waiting..
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream until thoroughly mixed. Set aside..
- Once depressurized open instapot, mix rice to make sure there are no clumps of rice..
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cup of whipping cream, sugar, raisins and cinnamon powder. Mix together..
- Using a screen strainer pour the egg mixture through it into the instapot. It is important to strain it. If you do not you will have chunks of egg in your rice pudding. Throw out any goop left in the strainer..
- Turn on saute setting. You must constantly mix until mixture is boiling. It can stick to bottom of pot and burn. It also has to reach boiling to cook the egg properly..
- Once it reaches a boil remove pot and pour mixture into bowl to cool. It will continue to thicken. When serving add milk your portion to thin to desired consistancy..
- Substitutions: you can use milk or half and half in place of heavy whipping cream. When substituting for the rice you want to use a risotto rice, you can use standard white rice but it won't be starchy enough and the consistancy can be off..
Add washed rice, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, butter, water and mix to combine. Pour all the ingredients into the Instant Pot. Mix to combine all rice pudding ingredients. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. How to Make Instant Pot Rice Pudding – Step by Step: In pressure cooking pot, combine rice, water, and salt.