Loaded Potato Soup. This Recipe Was Created With Our Gluten-Free Friends in Mind. Pin this To Your Board Today Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. What more could you want in a Loaded Potato Soup?
With a potato masher, break up the cooked. Scoop out the potato pulp from the skins and add to the milk mixture. Mash with the back of a wooden spoon leaving it a little bit chunky. You can cook Loaded Potato Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup
- Prepare 6 of Yukon Gold Potatoes (Diced).
- You need 1/2 of Large Yellow or Sweet Onion (Diced).
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 3 Cups of Whole Milk.
- It’s 3 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 lb of Bacon.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream.
- You need 2 Cups of Shredded Cheese (Sharp Cheddar, Mild Cheddar, Muenster).
- You need 3-4 of Chicken Bouillon Cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper (Or To Taste).
- Prepare of Salt (To Taste).
- You need 1 Bunch of Green Onions (Diced) (Garnish).
Add the cooked bacon (leaving a little out for garnishing. Add the broth, potatoes, potato flakes, bacon, pepper, salt, basil, thyme and remaining water. Garnish with cheese and green onions. In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté butter and garlic.
Loaded Potato Soup step by step
- Scrub and Dice Potatoes. Place in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Dice onion, set aside..
- Cut bacon into 1" pieces or so. Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve around 1 Tbsp of bacon grease. Shred Cheeses and set aside..
- Heat a large Stock Pot to Medium Heat, add Butter and 1 Tbsp of Bacon Grease. Add Yellow Onions. Cook until translucent, about 5 – 6 Minutes. Add Garlic, cook until fragrant, about 1 – 2 Minutes..
- Add All Purpose Flour and whisk constantly for about 1 Minute. Add Milk slowly while whisking. Add Chicken Broth, Chicken Bouillon, and strained Potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer over Medium to Medium Low Heat for 20 Minutes..
- Add Sour Cream, 3/4 of the Cheese, 1/2 of the Bacon. Stir and Cook another few minutes. Taste for seasoning. Add more Salt or Pepper, if needed..
- Ladle into a bowl, and top with some Green Onions, Cheese, and Bacon. Enjoy!.
On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, rub potatoes with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Once cooled, peel and mash potatoes, and set aside. Heat oil in large pot over a medium-high heat. Set Instant Pot to Sauté, and melt butter. Add potatoes and broth, and secure lid.