Loaded Potato Soup. Top a Baked Potato with Bush's® Beans, Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream. What more could you want in a Loaded Potato Soup? Once your potato soup is thick and bubbly, top it with bacon, cheese and green onions for a restaurant-worthy meal right at your kitchen table.
Add the broth, potatoes, potato flakes, bacon, pepper, salt, basil, thyme and remaining water. Garnish with cheese and green onions. In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté butter and garlic. You can cook Loaded Potato Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup
- It’s of Yukon Gold Potatoes (Diced).
- It’s of Large Yellow or Sweet Onion (Diced).
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s of Whole Milk.
- It’s of Chicken Broth.
- It’s of Bacon.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- You need of Shredded Cheese (Sharp Cheddar, Mild Cheddar, Muenster).
- You need of Chicken Bouillon Cubes.
- It’s of Black Pepper (Or To Taste).
- It’s of Salt (To Taste).
- It’s of Green Onions (Diced) (Garnish).
On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, rub potatoes with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Once cooled, peel and mash potatoes, and set aside. Heat oil in large pot over a medium-high heat. Loaded potato soup is comfort food at its finest.
Loaded Potato Soup step by step
- Scrub and Dice Potatoes. Place in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Dice onion, set aside..
- Cut bacon into 1" pieces or so. Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve around 1 Tbsp of bacon grease. Shred Cheeses and set aside..
- Heat a large Stock Pot to Medium Heat, add Butter and 1 Tbsp of Bacon Grease. Add Yellow Onions. Cook until translucent, about 5 – 6 Minutes. Add Garlic, cook until fragrant, about 1 – 2 Minutes..
- Add All Purpose Flour and whisk constantly for about 1 Minute. Add Milk slowly while whisking. Add Chicken Broth, Chicken Bouillon, and strained Potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer over Medium to Medium Low Heat for 20 Minutes..
- Add Sour Cream, 3/4 of the Cheese, 1/2 of the Bacon. Stir and Cook another few minutes. Taste for seasoning. Add more Salt or Pepper, if needed..
- Ladle into a bowl, and top with some Green Onions, Cheese, and Bacon. Enjoy!.
You're going to love the combination of flavors in the soup. Every bite is loaded with creamy soup with chunks of potatoes, bacon, and cheese. More Easy Dinner Recipes You'll Love: In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in pot. Add the cream cheese and blend until smooth.