Ham and Potato Soup. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Try These Delicious And Easy To Make Casseroles. Delicious Ham and Potato Soup Delicious Ham and Potato Soup.
Delicious Ham & Potato Soup Num's the Word. Combine potatoes, onion, turkey, ham, celery, carrots, asparagus, peas, and butternut squash in a large pot. Pour chicken broth and water over mixture; bring to a boil. You can cook Ham and Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and Potato Soup
- It’s 10-12 lbs of ham.
- Prepare 1 of whole onion, peeled.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped onion.
- You need 2 lbs of carrots sliced.
- It’s 8 stalks of celery sliced.
- You need 5 lbs of red potatoes (1.5 in cubes, NOT peeled).
- Prepare 2 cups of 2% milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbs of real horseradish.
- Prepare of Rough.
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
Place potatoes, ham and onions in a saucepot with a small amount of water, enough to cover the potatoes and ham; Add lots of pepper and enough salt to taste; Cook until potatoes are tender; Add butter and milk, stirring constantly. Be careful not to scorch; Cook slowly until heated. If you need to thicken this soup you can add some instant mashed potato flakes. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil.
Ham and Potato Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook ham for 1.5-2 hours. Let stand 30 minutes. Slice ham best you can leaving about 2 cups of meat on the bone..
- Place bone in a large stock pot, add in enough water until it covers the bone. Add 1 whole onion and 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Take out ham bone and whole onion. Add in chopped onions, sliced carrots, and sliced celery. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add in potatoes, simmer for 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. To help break up potatoes smash is the back of a large spoon or whisk..
- Add in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and real horseradish..
- In a small sauce pan melt butter on medium high heat. Add in flour and stir constantly until consistency of wet sand..
- Once the soup comes back to a low boil, whisk in rough. Mix occasionally for the next 10 minutes and enjoy!.
Then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt (if using), and pepper. In separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and cook stirring constantly until thick. Instructions Heat the butter in a pot over medium heat.