Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup. Combine cauliflower, potatoes, broth, celery, carrots, and onions in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat but keep the lid on. Instructions Dice the onion and add it to a soup pot along with the olive oil.
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, chopped celery, cauliflower, potatoes, and garlic. Add potato and cauliflower and toss through. You can have Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
- Prepare of yellow onion.
- You need of minced garlic.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of cauliflower.
- It’s of russet potatoes.
- You need of vegtable roth.
- You need of evaporated milk.
- It’s of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of Fresh cracked pepper.
- It’s of shedded medium cheddar cheese.
- You need of green onions.
Blend half the soup in a blender or with a hand held blitzer. Mash with a potato masher the other half of the soup. Add the blended half of the soup back with the mashed soup. Return to heat and add the cheese.
Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup step by step
- Dice onion and add to soup pot along with minced garlic and olive oil. Saute until the onion is soft.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Add the cubed potatoes and cauliflower florets to the pot along with vegetable broth. Place a lid on top, turn tge heat to high and bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are extremely soft.
- Add evaporated milk to soup. Use immersion blender to puree mixture..
- Once soup is pureed, season with smoked paprika, salt and fresh cracked pepper (10-15 cranks).
- Heat soup to add cheese, one handful at a time until fully melted..
- Serve with sliced green onions for an added pop of flavor..
With a slotted spoon, remove and reserve some vegetables to a bowl. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth very smooth. Add the reserved vegetables back into the soup for texture. Stir in evaporated milk or heavy cream. Directions In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, broth and bouillon.