Mely's ultimate enchiladas. Browse best-sellers, new releases, editor picks and the best deals in books From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas.
The melted Swiss cheese on top is what sets these enchiladas apart from others, which are usually garnished with crumbled cheeses. Chicken, beef, turkey or veggie we have plenty of recipes to choose from to make the ultimate Tex-Mex feast. We give you our version of tex mex enchiladas! You can have Mely's ultimate enchiladas using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mely's ultimate enchiladas
- Prepare of Ground Meat.
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 tbsp of sofrito (recipe on my recipes) (optional).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of adobo or salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 1 can of Armour chili with beans, mild.
- Prepare 1 packages of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 10 large of corn tortillas or 14 small.
- Prepare of Meat filling.
- It’s 1 packages of 8 oz cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 5 oz of salsa verde (available in the mexican aisle on supermarkets).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of taco sauce, mild.
In this delicious mid week recipe chicken and delicious veg are wrapped up in tortillas, then sprinkled heavil. Heat the oil in a wide frying pan. The homemade enchilada sauce gravy and the cheese make this a baked comfort. One of the few Mexican dishes that benefits from a knife and fork, Enchiladas are soft corn tortillas wrapped around tender chicken and baked in the oven in a rich and tangy tomato sauce.
Mely's ultimate enchiladas step by step
- Salt the ground meat to taste with the adobo or salt. Add oil to a pan. If using sofrito, add sofrito and the tomato sauce. Let it cook for about 3-5 mins..
- Add meat to the pan and mix with the sofrito mixture. Cook the ground meat until is done. Set aside..
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa verde, 1 cup of taco sauce and 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Add the meat to the sauce mixture. Set aside..
- Add 1/2 cup of taco sauce to a 15 x 10 inch Baking Dish..
- Add cooking spray to a pan and "fry" each corn tortilla on both sides and transfer to the baking dish filling each one with 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture..
- When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas..
- To finish top with a package of shredded cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!!!.
These hefty dishes are a firm family favourite and everyone should leave the table feeling satisfied. Our recipes below include a classic chicken and cheese and also a few variations such as Tuna & Pepper. Enchiladas Made Easy – This is a easy to make and follow Chicken Enchilada video with several layers of delicious flavor. An enchilada (/ ˌ ɛ n tʃ ɪ ˈ l ɑː d ə /, Spanish: [entʃiˈlaða]) is a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce. Originally from Mexican cuisine, enchiladas can be filled with various ingredients, including meats, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables, or combinations.