Heidis Baked tostadas. Save the calories from fried tortillas. You can even make these meatless with some sauted veggies such as zichinni, eggplant and mushrooms as a topping. Here is how you can achieve that.
Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically. Once the homemade tostada shells are baked and crispy, now comes the fun part! You can have Heidis Baked tostadas using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Heidis Baked tostadas
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef or meat of your choice.
- You need 1 of Garlic powder, cumin, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 3/4 cup of frozen peas(Cooked to crisp tender).
- It’s 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables (Cooked to crisp tender).
- Prepare 1 of Refried pinto beans. Your own recipe or canned to make it even easier.
- You need 1 of Mini yellow corn tortillas. (or regular size).
- You need 1 of Cooking spray oil.
- Prepare 1 of Shredded pepper jack, colby jack, monterey jack cheese. Or for real authenticity use crumbled Queso Fresco.
Some ideas for tostada toppings include: Some ideas for tostada toppings include: Spread refried beans (try my recipe for homemade refried beans – so yummy and so much better for you!), and cheese and your favorite toppings – lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, olives, onions…the list goes on! These baked tostada shells were baked using thin corn tortillas. I was plenty full with two tostadas. My baked tostadas were piled so high, I practically had to unhinge my jaw to eat them.
Heidis Baked tostadas instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° F..
- In a skillet brown meat over medium high heat until no longer pink. About 5-7 minutes..
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Let saute with meat until fragant..
- Add spices and salt and pepper to taste..
- Cook until done and stir in vegetables..
- Meanwhile spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray and place on a rack on a cookie sheet. It is important to bake tortillas on a rack so they toast evenly..
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Turning them over every few minutes so they dont burn..
- If needed bake a little longer until crunchy throughout. If your tortillas have chewy spots then you did not bake them long enough..
- Next assemble a toasted tortilla, spread beans on top, add meat, sprinkle cheese on top..
- Serve with some sour cream and salsa on top. You can also use guacamole and chopped lettuce and tomatoes on your tostada..
- The number of servings depends on what size tortilla you use and also who youre feeding! (:.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. I'll be contributing recipes for toaster oven cooking, starting with this tasty Baked Egg Tostadas recipe! Coffee Greek Yogurt Parfaits With Granola. I also tend to get those needs for big breakfast on busy weekday. Crispy Oven Beef & Bean Tostadas Haiku: "Well I liked the beans but they were just from a can.