Homemade potato soup. This creamy potato soup is good any time of the year, but especially in cold weather months. It reheats well and can be made without bacon or cheese. This is filling enough to be served as a main dish, but also makes a nice side soup if served in smaller portions.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. One Recipe, Two Meals: Creamy, Cheesy Potato Soup. There's nothing better than a carb you can slurp. You can cook Homemade potato soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade potato soup
- You need of large potatoes.
- Prepare of celery.
- You need of mixed vegetables.
- Prepare of oregano.
- Prepare of Minced onion.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of cream of chicken.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- It’s of crumble bacon and just a dap of bacon grease.
Let's look at a yumz potato soup that will make every face in your house super-duper. DIRECTIONS Start by boiling potatoes until fork tender. When potatoes are done, strain out the water and add butter. When butter is melted, add flour.
Homemade potato soup instructions
- Cut your potatoes into little cubes and add them to the pot with water only fill half way pour in chicken stock..
- Pour in mixed vegetables and seasonings. And the can of cream of chicken crumble your bacon and grease add to pot..
- Then cook on stove top on low for 2 hours or crockpot for 4 hrs..
While the onions are cooking, place the diced potatoes, carrots, water and chicken soup base (or vegetable base; see Cook's Note) in another pot and bring to a boil. Drain, reserving liquid and setting vegetables aside. In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper; gradually add milk. You'll be surprised at the taste of this rich and cheesy easy potato soup.