Caramel Apple Scones. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Looking For Great Deals? We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
In a small bowl, whisk the cream, egg yolk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Caramel apple scones are flaky tender scones studded with chunks of sweet tart apple that are topped with buttery homemade caramel glaze. It's okay to have a crush on these scones, I have for a long time. You can have Caramel Apple Scones using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Scones
- Prepare of all purpose flour + additional for hands and work surface.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, frozen.
- It’s of heavy cream + additional for brushing.
- It’s of large egg.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of heaping cup peeled and chopped apple.
- It’s of coarse sugar (optional).
- It’s of caramel sauce.
I know I just posted an apple recipe not that long ago. Make the caramel sauce by putting the butter, sugar and cream in a pan over a low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens. Add the sea salt and leave to cool. Mix the apple into the caramel sauce reserving a little to glaze afterwards.
Caramel Apple Scones instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Use a hand grater to grate the frozen butter and toss it into the flour mixture. Combine it with either a pastry cutter, a fork or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Set this bowl in the freezer for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking tray with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set it aside..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, egg, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Drizzle over the dry mix and use a rubber spatula to toss it all together until it's all just moistened. Then gently fold in the apples. The dough will be a bit wet and sticky. Flour your hands and a work surface, then use your hands to form the dough into a ball and transfer it to the floured surface. Press it into a disc shape, about 8". Use a very sharp knife to cut it into 8 equal wedges..
- Place the wedges onto the prepared pan and set the pan in the fridge for 15 or so minutes. After that, brush the wedges with additional cream and sprinkle a little coarse sugar over each one. Then bake for 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on the tops. Let them cool for a few minutes, then drizzle them with the caramel sauce..
To make the scones: place the margarine at the bottom of a bowl, add the self-raising flour. These caramel apple scones are buttery and moist with crisp crumbly edges and soft flaky centers. Crunchy coarse sugar and salted caramel are the perfect finishing touches! Read through the recipe before beginning. HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE SCONES First, you will mix together your flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, and then incorporate your butter.