Wrapped Apples. Explore Our Specialty Teas From Around The World. Get the nematodes applied before the damage starts. The Nematodes Are Easy To Apply And Completely Safe To Use Around Children And Pets.
Baked apples are comforting and have an old-fashioned appeal. They can be as easy to prepare as coring an apple, placing it in an ovenproof dish with a little sugar, cinnamon, and butter, surrounding it with liquid, and baking it for the better part of an hour or so until knife-tender. Click here to see the Pastry Wrapped Baked Apples Recipe Wrapped Apples This is a literal "apple pie"! You can cook Wrapped Apples using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wrapped Apples
- Prepare 6 of apples, peeled.
- Prepare 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- It’s of Cinnamon sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg, beaten.
- It’s of Salted Caramel Sauce Ingredients.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Fleur de Sel or good quality sea salt.
I recommend starting your caramel sauce first, because it can be cooling while you peel and prep your apples and puff pastry. The recipe suggested Granny Smith apples, however, if tart is not your thing, you could try pretty much any other kind. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut four circles round a saucer. Place one apple in the centre of each piece of pastry.
Wrapped Apples step by step
- To make Salted Caramel Sauce: in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup, bring to a boil. Using a wet pastry brush, wash down any crystals on the side of the pan. Boil over high heat until a deep amber caramel forms, swirling often, for about 6-12 min (be careful, because caramel will darken rapidly at this stage)..
- Remove saucepan from heat, carefully whisk in the heavy cream, butter, and salt. Let caramel cool to room temperature. Salted caramel can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Peel apples and scoop out core with a melon baller. Leave the bottom intact..
- Roll apples in cinnamon sugar until evenly coated..
- Cut puff pastry sheets length wise into 2cm wide strips. Use a knife or leaf cutter to cut out leaf shapes from one strip..
- Wrap puff pastry strips (2 per apple should be good) around apples, pressing lightly to seal the overlap. Press 2 leaf shapes at the top of the apple..
- Fill the partially cored apples with caramel sauce..
- Bake for 25 min or until puff pastry is golden brown..
Mix together the sultanas, sugar, butter and cinnamon and place equal amonuts. Place one apple on top of the stack of newsprint. Bring the top sheet up and fold it around the apple, gently twisting the corners together the keep the apple wrapped. Do not twist too tightly, since you may tear the paper if you do. The objective is only to prevent the apple from coming into contact with other apples, not to keep the air out.