Wrapped Apples. Explore Our Specialty Teas From Around The World. Personalised Gifts For Dogs & Humans – Where's Dog Book, Cards, Gift Wrap, Mugs & More! Next, coat the apples with the cinnamon sugar.
They can be as easy to prepare as coring an apple, placing it in an ovenproof dish with a little sugar, cinnamon, and butter, surrounding it with liquid, and baking it for the better part of an hour or so until knife-tender. Click here to see the Pastry Wrapped Baked Apples Recipe Wrapped Apples This is a literal "apple pie"! I recommend starting your caramel sauce first, because it can be cooling while you peel and prep your apples and puff pastry. You can cook Wrapped Apples using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wrapped Apples
- You need of apples, peeled.
- It’s of puff pastry.
- It’s of Cinnamon sugar.
- You need of large egg, beaten.
- Prepare of Salted Caramel Sauce Ingredients.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of light corn syrup.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Fleur de Sel or good quality sea salt.
The recipe suggested Granny Smith apples, however, if tart is not your thing, you could try pretty much any other kind. Wrap apple and brie together with the bacon and secure with a toothpick. Remove from heat and reserve until ready to use. Mix together the sultanas, sugar, butter and cinnamon and place equal amonuts in the centre of each apple.
Wrapped Apples step by step
- To make Salted Caramel Sauce: in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup, bring to a boil. Using a wet pastry brush, wash down any crystals on the side of the pan. Boil over high heat until a deep amber caramel forms, swirling often, for about 6-12 min (be careful, because caramel will darken rapidly at this stage)..
- Remove saucepan from heat, carefully whisk in the heavy cream, butter, and salt. Let caramel cool to room temperature. Salted caramel can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Peel apples and scoop out core with a melon baller. Leave the bottom intact..
- Roll apples in cinnamon sugar until evenly coated..
- Cut puff pastry sheets length wise into 2cm wide strips. Use a knife or leaf cutter to cut out leaf shapes from one strip..
- Wrap puff pastry strips (2 per apple should be good) around apples, pressing lightly to seal the overlap. Press 2 leaf shapes at the top of the apple..
- Fill the partially cored apples with caramel sauce..
- Bake for 25 min or until puff pastry is golden brown..
Enclose the apples completely in pastry and invert onto a baking sheet. Brush the top of the pastry with egg or milk and bake for twenty-five minutes. Sprinkle with caster sugar as they come out of the oven. To store apples over winter, wrap each one in a single sheet of newspaper and place them in single layers on a tray. For a cheap alternative to apple racks, use an old filing tray, adding more layers as you need them.