Leftover Sweet Potato, Squash and Bacon Stew Soup. Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. This syn-free stew is a nice hearty meal for those colder days. The beauty of this bacon, squash and sweet potato stew dish is you can use any leftovers up by popping it into a blender with a little more stock and have it as a warming soup.
Add the chopped tomatoes, dried herbs, tomato purée and stock. Add the chicken broth, water, white pepper and curry powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. You can have Leftover Sweet Potato, Squash and Bacon Stew Soup using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leftover Sweet Potato, Squash and Bacon Stew Soup
- Prepare of Leftover Stew (See recipe attached) (see recipe).
- It’s of Water, as need for preferred consistency.
- You need of oxo stock cube (vegetable or chicken).
- You need of Creme fraiche (optional).
Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne, if using. Peel and cube the butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Add the butternut squash and sweet potatoes, cover with vegetable stock and leave to cook until they are tender. Add the cooked beans and fresh spinach, followed by the tomato purée.
Leftover Sweet Potato, Squash and Bacon Stew Soup instructions
- Blend any leftover Stew into a smooth paste and add to a medium saucepan..
- Over medium heat, heat the blended stew..
- Add water in small amounts until you get to your preferred consistency and then add an oxo cube..
- Heat for 5-10 minutes..
- Ladle into a bowl and add a dollop creme fraiche (optional).
Transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and puree until smooth. (Don't fill the blender more than halfway since the soup is hot!) In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Stir in potatoes and squash coating evenly. Pour in stock; cover and bring to boil over high heat. Very quick, tasty, and makes awesome leftovers. Heat the EVOO in a soup pot over medium-high heat, add the butter and melt into the oil.