Best Beef Jerky Ever. We Buy, Test, and Write Reviews. Combine all ingredients (except the meat) until combined. Place onto food dehydrator trays, you'll know its done when it cracks when bent but does not break.
Place beef strips in the bottom of a large bowl. Pour soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, brown sugar, salt, pepper, meat tenderizer, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika over beef. Mix to assure all the meat is evenly coated. You can have Best Beef Jerky Ever using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best Beef Jerky Ever
- Prepare 3 cup of Teriyaki Sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of Bottle of Beer (I use IPA's for there hoppyness and spice).
- You need 1 cup of Garlic Powder.
- You need 2 1/2 of lbs salt.
Use London Broil steak, cut against the grain (e.g., cut parallel to the short end, not the long end). It is WAY less expensive than skirt steak, and works just as well if not better. The most useless piece of information in the post is that it will last for upto a month in the fridge. This is possibly the worst thing to happen to my health and wallet as I'm clearly going to make and eat batch after batch.
Best Beef Jerky Ever instructions
- Have your local butcher slice the roast as thin as possible without the meat breaking apart. Most recipes call for thicker slices but the thinner slice absorbs the marinade better and allows the meat to dehydrate faster..
- Once home cut the roast into desired size strips. I prefer about 1 inch strips..
- Add roast to a big mixing bowl. Add all ingredients to meat and mix with hands..
- Place in refrigerator for 12 hours for marinating..
- Remove oven racks and cover bottom rack with aluminium foil to catch any drippings. Place bottom rack back in oven at lowest point..
- Preheat oven to 160°F.
- Place beef strips stretched out along the other rack. Put roast covered rack in the middle of oven..
- Cook beef with oven door half way open for 1.5 to 2 hours depending on your oven..
- Set beef jerky out to cool. Now enjoy it with that case of beer you just bought!.
- Don't make this recipe.
Buying guide for best beef jerky. In Scotland, they have a saying, "A hungry man's meat is long in making ready." Jerky is the original "long in making ready" meat dish. Between cutting, marinating, and cooking in a wood smoker, it can take a couple of days to make good beef jerky. Even with dehydrators instead of wood-burning smokers, it still takes time. How to make beef jerky in the oven.