Thai Style Veggie Summer Rolls w/ Peanut Sauce. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Fill Your Cart With Color today!
So with this new basil plant at home, it was time for a new Summer Roll recipe. These Veggie Summer Rolls are filled with carrots, cucumber, red bell pepper, avocado, rice noodles, salad (from the garden!) and of course the thai basil. They are served with a spicy Peanut Wasabi Sauce and sprinkled with black and white sesame seeds. You can have Thai Style Veggie Summer Rolls w/ Peanut Sauce using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Style Veggie Summer Rolls w/ Peanut Sauce
- You need of For the rolls:.
- Prepare 5 of rice paper wraps.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 100 g of cucumber.
- It’s 100 g of red bell pepper.
- It’s 5 sprigs of coriander.
- It’s 5 sprigs of mint.
- It’s 5 leaves of lettuce of choice.
- It’s of For the dipping sauce:.
- Prepare 15 g of powdered peanut butter.
- You need 1 of lime.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sriracha.
- You need 3 tsp of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of (spicy) sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of sweetener of choice / sugar.
Fill a medium bowl with hot water and get a large plate or chopping board ready. Roll once and tuck in sides, once sides are tucked continue to roll, sealing the roll, and place to the side. To make the sweet~n~spicey peanut sauce. Using whisk (spoon, or processor) mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, tofu marinade, coconut sugar, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, sambal oelek, sesame oil, ground ginger, and garlic. (water if.
Thai Style Veggie Summer Rolls w/ Peanut Sauce instructions
- Cut veggies into thin strips. Try using your veggie peeler 👍.
- Add lukewarm water to a big shallow plate. Dip the rice paper wrap into water. Make sure it's wet from both sides. Place on cutting board or work surface. Work fast! :).
- Add ~4 leaves of mint and ~4 leaves of coriander onto your wrap with the backside of leaves facing upwards (for aesthetic purposes).
- Add a few strips from all the veggies and some lettuce. Don't overfill!.
- Roll the wrap tightly about 2/3 of the way, then tuck in the sides and finish rolling all the way till the end. The mint and coriander leaves should be beautifully visible on the top..
- Do the same with the rest of the rolls..
- For the sauce measure out some powdered peanut butter (although regular peanut butter will work fine, just more calories). Squeeze the juice of one lime on top. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix..
- The sauce is sweet-spicy-sour and deliciously rich. If you're not a fan of bold flavours I would recommend making half of the sauce and thinning it out with some water..
- Makes 5 rolls for a light meal or to share as a starter..
Summer rolls are also a great work lunch, because you eat them cold, and you can prepare them the night before. The peanut dipping sauce is also divine. Even though I have switched from peanut butter to almond butter a long time ago, this peanut sauce will really blow your mind. It is so creamy and delicious, packed with healthy protein and fats, and really gives this recipe a special touch. Made with a base of peanut butter, this recipe swaps soy sauce for soy-free and gluten-free coconut aminos, honey for natural sweetness, lime for freshness, and pure sesame oil and chili garlic sauce for ultimate flavor.