Sinfully Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Icing. Sinfully Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Icing. Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes are a classic flavor combination. Rich chocolate cupcakes topped with delicious raspberry icing using fresh Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes.
Fill a pastry bag with the chocolate raspberry buttercream frosting and pipe a frosting swirl on top of each cupcake. After frosting each cupcake top each one with a fresh raspberry. The raspberry flavor was surprisingly strong, it tasted just like what you'd hope raspberry flavored buttercream would taste like. You can cook Sinfully Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Icing using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sinfully Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Icing
- It’s of cupcakes.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 3/4 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/3 cup of boiling water.
- You need of icing.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 4 cup of powdered sugar, divided.
- You need 12 oz of fresh raspberries.
Plus it's a very lovely pink color. I loved the buttercream with the dark chocolate flavor of the cupcakes. Pretty and delicious, this recipe is a winner for sure. My two favorite flavor combos when it comes to cakes and frosting is chocolate and raspberry.
Sinfully Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Icing step by step
- Preheat oven to 300' and line cupcake pan with liners..
- In large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients for cupcakes. Whisk together..
- Form well in dry ingredients, add egg, buttermilk, and oil. Mix well..
- Add vanilla and boiling water. (You can bring water to boil in a small cup in microwave, about 45 seconds) Mix well..
- Pour cupcake batter into cupcake liners, just over half way full..
- Bake at 300' for 20~25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean..
- Let set for a few minutes in pan, then remove to cool..
- Separate out 12 pretty raspberries for topping cupcakes. On low heat smash and simmer the reset of the raspberries to make a puree. Set aside..
- In medium mixing bowl, blend butter and shortening together until smooth..
- Add first 3 cups of powdered sugar, gradually, mixing well..
- Add 4 tablespoons of raspberry puree. Mix well..
- Mix in last of powdered sugar to achieve desired consistency..
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, icing then however you'd like, and top each cupcake with one pretty raspberry and serve!.
Normally I make a chocolate cupcake or chocolate cake and top it with raspberry frosting however I came up with this Chocolate Raspberry Buttercream Frosting recipe because I wanted even more amazingness when I am eating my favorite chocolate and raspberry. These chocolate raspberry cupcakes have a rich but light chocolate cupcake base with a bright and tangy raspberry frosting. The cupcakes come together in minutes with no mixer required and the raspberry frosting gets an additional punch of raspberry flavor from crushed freeze-dried raspberries. In a food processor or blender, puree the raspberries. Pour raspberries through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids, to eliminate the seeds.