Cajun Dirty Rice. Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. Bring The French Quarter To Your Kitchen With Zatarain's® Recipes & Ideas For Inspiration.
It's a flavorful dish that needs little accompaniment. Instructions Add ground beef, sausage and liver to a large saucepan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and cook, crumbling. You can have Cajun Dirty Rice using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Dirty Rice
- You need 3 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken livers chopped small.
- It’s 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning1.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of large onion diced small.
- It’s 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of jalapeño diced small.
- You need 2 of celery stalks diced small.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of green onions diced.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 cup of long grain rice, cooked.
DIRTY RICE IS A NEW ORLEANS CLASSIC DISH The jalapeños and cayenne pepper add some heat, too, so if you prefer, you can pull back the to fit your taste preferences. Or, on the other end of the heat perspective, you can add more of the flavor enhancers to increase it's kick! Cajun Dirty Rice Authentic dirty rice usually contains gizzards and livers, or some other form of giblets, but don't fret if you don't like them. You can simply increase the beef or pork and still have a wonderful meal.
Cajun Dirty Rice instructions
- In a skillet, heat the oil on medium high heat. Add pork and chopped livers. Cook until browned..
- Add cajun seasoning, salt and pepper stirring well..
- Add 1/4 cup chicken stock and cook until absorbed stirring often..
- Add celery, onion, jalapeño, garlic and otegano. Stir to combine..
- Add the cooked rice, the remaining 1 1/4 cup chicken stock, parsley and green onions.
- Mix well and cook until liquid is absorbed, and rice is heated. stirring to keep rice from sticking..
- You can spice it up more to your liking. I love this served with kielbasa or andouille sausage..
Take it easy on the Cajun seasoning though – add a little, taste and adjust! Dirty Rice is a spicy and flavorful Cajun rice dish made from white rice. It gets its "dirty" color from finely chopped chicken livers and ground beef or pork. The chicken livers give it such a deep flavor. Even if you think you don't like chicken livers, you should try adding them.