Salmon en Croute (With Lemon and Chilli) OR (Dill and Herbs). The Best New And Exclusive Varieties For Your Gardens! Make this fish pie as a healthy midweek main. Put the margarine into the microwave-safe jug and place in the microwave.
Salmon fillets are cooked in a parchment packet with lemon, rosemary and thyme, before being served with a rich and creamy sauce. Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or pasta. Mash the cream cheese with the garlic, salt and pepper and lemon rind. You can have Salmon en Croute (With Lemon and Chilli) OR (Dill and Herbs) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon en Croute (With Lemon and Chilli) OR (Dill and Herbs)
- You need 500 gr of Salmon Fillet Boned and skinned.
- You need 1 Tsp of Flaky Salt (I used Himalayan Pink).
- You need 1 Tbs of Dark brown Sugar.
- You need 100 gr of Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon zest and juiced.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Chipotle Chilli flakes (Option).
- Prepare 2 of Large Dill Sprigs (or use half if using the Chilli).
- You need 250 gr of Block ready made Puff Pasty.
- It’s 1 of Egg – beaten.
Divide into six and spread on top of each salmon fillet. Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley in a small bowl and season. A superb sweet, white, textured fish, sea bass is a popular feature of menus but you can easily cook it at home. Our sea bass recipes make quick work or a whole fish or fillets.
Salmon en Croute (With Lemon and Chilli) OR (Dill and Herbs) step by step
- Cut the Fillet in half so you have 2 equal pieces the lightly rub both pieces with the salt and sugar. stack them left and right with the skinned side on the top and bottom. Then place into a plastic bag and roll so that the pieces are pressed firmly together (I add 2 elastic bands). Put into the fridge for at least 20 hours to firm up..
- Mix the cream cheese with herbs, lemon zest and juice and add chilli flakes if using. Put to one side and Roll out your puff pasty to at least double the size of the fillets plus 4 cm extra each side..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly dust with flour..
- Cut the pastry into half and place the unwrapped first salmon fillet in the middle, then put the cream cheese mix on top and place the second fillet on top of that making a sandwich..
- Egg wash around the salmon and then Place the 2nd piece of Pastry on top and push the pastry edges together. Using a fish slice carefully transfer to the Baking Sheet and tuck in the pastry all the way around. Then crimp the edges together – I just use 3 fingers and push firmly around the edge. Brush the whole thing with egg and put into fridge for at least 45 mins or even the day before needed..
- Heat the Oven to 220c, Brush with more Egg and cook for 20 mins, Turn 180 degrees and lower heat to 180c and cook for another 10 mins. Remove and allow to rest before serving. WOW :).
- One of my friends loves this without the lemon and extra chilli so enjoy :).
Mary Berry trained at The Cordon Bleu in Paris and Bath School of Home Economics. Crunchy chicken with brie and tomato sauce. by Ellis Barrie. Crisp chicken coated in tortilla chip crumbs is served with a quick tomato sauce and deliciously decadent melted brie sauce. There is a huge misconception about mint and pairing with other herbs. A spicy twist on a simple frittata recipe, with Masala paste, coriander and plump cherry tomatoes.