Thai Red Curry Coconut with Pan Fried Tofu, Snap Peas & Carrots over Rice. Squeeze excess water from tofu, chop into cubes and season with salt and pepper. Add groundnut oil to pan, heat to a medium high, fry tofu turning occasionally until golden. Pour in coconut milk, scraping up any curry paste with a wooden spoon.
Gently heat the oil in a large deep-sided frying pan (skillet). In a small bowl whisk the red curry paste together with a few tablespoons of the coconut milk and the honey. Add the remaining coconut milk and whisk to combine well. You can cook Thai Red Curry Coconut with Pan Fried Tofu, Snap Peas & Carrots over Rice using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Red Curry Coconut with Pan Fried Tofu, Snap Peas & Carrots over Rice
- It’s 2 (12 oz) of cans coconut milk.
- Prepare Package of extra firm tofu.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- It’s of I cup sugar snap peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced carrots; I used pre-packages store bought crinkle cut.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Organic BP peanut butter powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Olive or sesame oil.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- It’s 4-6 cups of cooked rice.
Cube the seared block of tofu, and toss it into the stir-fry with the vegetables. The creamy, golden coconut milk and tomato-based sauce is deliciously spiced with curry powder, turmeric, cumin (and of course salt and pepper) along with fresh pungent garlic and ginger. Add the Thai red curry paste and fry for another minute. Add the coconut milk and water (or stock), and bring to a boil.
Thai Red Curry Coconut with Pan Fried Tofu, Snap Peas & Carrots over Rice instructions
- Add oil & red curry paste to med/hot sauce pan or pot, warm paste in the oil; stir to incorporate it. (This brings out the flavors; careful not to burn it).
- Pour in coconut milk into sauce pan & add peanut butter powder; wish in. Bring to a boil & lower heat. Simmer sauce while vegetables, tofu & rice are cooking..
- Cook 4-6 cup of rice per packaging directions.
- In separate pan, add oil & vegetables, cook until preferred tenderness. (I like to cook mine in a separate pan, so that I may place the vegetables on top of the soup. This adds color during plating). Salt to taste. I use a smidge of Himalayan salt that I keep handy while cooking..
- In small saucepan or skillet, brown tofu in peanut oil to preferred tenderness & browning..
- Put desired amount of cooked rice & curry sauce into bowls, top with vegetables & tofu. Garnish with black sesame seeds..
Stir in the snap peas and bell peppers… Instructions. Drain and press the tofu to remove excess moisture and water. Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat.