Chicken fajita casserole. Combine chicken, rice, vegetables, black beans, salsa, fajita seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Transfer to a large casserole dish and top with cheese. Layer tortillas on bottom of baking dish, top with soup-chicken-tomatoes-chiles mixture, then top with layer of sauted veggies, then top with layer of cheese.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, uncooked rice, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, frozen onion and bell pepper, tomatoes with chilies, chicken broth, fajita seasoning, and about half of the cheese. To make the chicken fajita casserole, in the baking dish season the chicken breasts with fajita seasoning and oil. Make sure that the seasoning is well distributed (I like to use my hands). You can cook Chicken fajita casserole using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken fajita casserole
- It’s 12 oz. of shredded chicken (cooked).
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of mexicorn.
- Prepare 8 oz. of fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 4 oz. of diced chilies.
- You need 1 bag of Doritos.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded mexican cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbls of fajita mix.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced onions.
Top the chicken with sliced bell peppers, and onion. Sprinkle a little bit more seasoning and top with shredded cheese. Chicken Fajita Casserole This Chicken Fajita Casserole has onions, bell peppers and fajita seasoning with melted cheese on top. A family friendly dish this keto chicken fajita casserole is low carb, but feels like a guilty pleasure.
Chicken fajita casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat chicken with fajita mix in a large zipper bag.
- Mix chicken, diced tomatoes, mexicorn, mushrooms, onions, soup, diced chilies and 1 cup cheese..
- Place in baking dish and cover with crushed tortilla chips..
- Bake 30 minutes..
- Cover with more cheese and bake until melted..
Packed with the traditional flavors of fajitas, you won't miss the tortillas. Chicken Fajita Casserole This low-carb chicken fajita casserole is a flavorful, cheesy, protein packed meal the entire family will enjoy. It's an easy weeknight dinner that's low-carb, gluten-free, and perfect for keto and THM. It's an easy way to make chicken fajitas that'll have everyone asking for seconds! This savory and cheesy Chicken Fajitas Casserole is a staple chicken dinner recipe.