Steak & Chicken Fajitas. Find easy recipes and cooking techniques for perfectly grilled skirt steak, rib-eye, filet mignon and more from the chefs at Food Network. The ideal steak marinade combines acid, fat, and seasonings. The acid creates a tangy flavor foundation and tenderizes the meat; the fat adds flavor, seals in juices, helps keep the meat from sticking to the grill, and promotes caramelization; and the seasonings complete the flavor profile.
A steak is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. It is normally grilled, though can also be pan-fried. It is often grilled in an attempt to replicate the flavor of steak cooked over the glowing coals of an open fire. You can have Steak & Chicken Fajitas using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak & Chicken Fajitas
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated lime rind.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp. of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black ground pepper.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 (14.25 oz) of low sodium beef broth.
- It’s 1 lb of flank steak.
- Prepare 1 lb of skinned boned chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of red bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges.
- It’s 1 of green bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges.
- It’s 1 of large onion cut into 12 wedges.
- Prepare 16 (6 inch) of fat-free flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 cup of bottled salsa.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of low-fat sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
Steak can also be cooked in sauce, such as in steak and kidney pie, or minced and formed into patties, such as hamburgers. Serve with mashed potatoes and lightly steamed seasonal vegetables. Also called round steak, or even the less-appealing butt steak, rump steak is cheaper than many other steaks because it's among the least tender. As with flat steaks, it's crucial to marinate rump steak before attempting to grill it, although braising, broiling or pan-frying are preferable cooking methods.
Steak & Chicken Fajitas step by step
- To prepare marinade, combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside..
- To prepare fajitas, trim fat from steak. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of the steak. Combine 1 1/2 cups marinade, steak, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Combine remaining marinade, bell peppers, and onion in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally..
- Remove steak and chicken from bag; discard marinade. Remove vegetables from bag; reserve marinade. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; set aside. Place steak, chicken, and vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness..
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil; place tortilla packet on grill rack the last 2 minutes of grilling time. Bring reserved marinade to a boil. Cut steak and chicken diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Place the steak, chicken, and vegetables on a serving platter; drizzle with reserved marinade..
- Arrange about 1 ounce steak, about 1 ounce chicken, 3 bell pepper wedges, and 1 onion wedge in a tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon salsa, about 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately..
Preheat oven to broil and position rack closest to heating element. This type of steak is also known by many other names like Butter Steak, Shoulder Top Blade Steak, Boneless Top Chuck Steak, and Top Blade Steak, to name a few. The Flat Iron Steak is cut from the animal's shoulder area called the 'chuck' and is usually cut with grain from the shoulder. Best Steakhouses in Trumbull, Connecticut: Find Tripadvisor traveler reviews of Trumbull Steakhouses and search by cuisine, price, location, and more. Find the best Steak near you on Yelp – see all Steak open now and reserve an open table.