[Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad. Our Recipe Is Also Terrific Using Hellmann's® Mayonnaise Dressing With Olive Oil. Make Potato Salad Just Like Your Mom Used To With Our Recipe Made With Hellmann's® Mayo! Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide.
The key is to add grainy mustard. Make sure to add the vinegar, wiener sausages, and coarsely ground black pepper while the potatoes are still hot. It used tofu instead of eggs and vegenaise in place of nayonnaise, but can easily be adapted to the non-vegan version by using real mayonnaise and evaporated milk. You can have [Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1 small of Onion.
- It’s 1/4 of Carrot.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of [A].
- Prepare 3 of Wiener sausages (5 mm slices).
- You need 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- You need 1 pinch of Coarsely ground black pepper.
- Prepare of [B].
- It’s 8 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of Grainy mustard.
- It’s 1 dash of Vinegar.
It is a yummy recipe and we have made it both ways. The family loved it both ways and cleaned out the bowl. Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cool water. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad step by step
- Peel the potatoes and chop into quarters. Boil in enough water to cover completely, then test with a skewer and make sure it goes through..
- Drain the water from the pot (Step 1). Roast the potatoes for 1 minute to evaporate excess moisture. Crush into bite-sizes with a spatula or similar..
- Combine all the [A] ingredients with the cooked potato and mix thoroughly. Set aside to cool slightly..
- Thinly slice the cucumber, onion, and carrot with a slicer. Chop into bite-sized pieces or thin rounds..
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the sliced vegetables from Step 4 and toss to mix in the salt thoroughly. Set aside for 10 minutes and drain well..
- After the potato has cooled down, add the tossed vegetables and [B] ingredients. Mix well to serve..
- Also good on bread..
In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise. One of our favorite summer time meals is Marinated & Grilled Meat, this Potato Salad, Chocolate Cake and Homemade Ice Cream!. With farming and raising food part of the rich history on both sides of our family we've got so many old-fashioned recipes that are just as good old comfort food! The potato salad can't be too firm but it also can't be a bowl of mush. As a compromise I like to use half white potato and half baking potato.