Lasagna Casserole. Browse our great range of cookware. Enjoy a free UK delivery on eligible orders! Check Out Casserole Lasagna On eBay.
Cook meat – season to taste, drain and add spaghetti sauce to meat. Cook and drain medium egg noodles al dente according to directions. How to make Quick and Easy Lasagna Casserole: Brown ground beef and onion until no longer pink. You can have Lasagna Casserole using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lasagna Casserole
- It’s 16 oz of uncooked pasta, shape is your choice. I use elbow mac, rotini, or penne. If you can find mini lasagna noodles go for it, bow tie works good too.
- It’s 2 cups of or so Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 2 lbs of ground meat, personally we like 1/2 beef and 1/2 venison. You could use pork, turkey, sausage, whatever.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, if your meat lacks fat.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil, oregano, and parsley.
- It’s 44 oz of jar of pasta sauce, and a little water to rinse out the jar.
- It’s 6 oz of can of tomato paste (optional for more intense tomato flavor).
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar (cuts the sweetness).
- It’s Pinch of sugar to bring flavors together.
- It’s of Cheese filling layer.
- It’s 24 oz of cottage cheese or ricotta (full fat tastes best).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper (use slightly more if coarse ground).
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
While the meat is cooking, boil the noodles according to package. Mix crushed tomatoes, browned ground beef, and Italian seasoning, garlic and salt and pepper. Set half of mozzarella cheese aside to. Top with beef mixture and spaghetti sauce (dish will be VERY full).
Lasagna Casserole step by step
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt water and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside..
- Brown meat, and as meat is getting close to done add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are getting translucent, and add herbs (oregano, parsley, and basil). Then add pasta sauce and tomato paste if using. Stir well together, add the vinegar and sherry. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, add the sugar, then let simmer together for an hour. Watch bottom of pan that it doesn't scorch..
- Heat oven to 375. Put your cheese and two eggs into a bowl, beat together until smooth (important for if you use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, helps smooth out out. Cottage cheese also spreads easier during assembly). Stir in pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Finally mix in Mozzarella cheese..
- Once all your components are assembled, spray a 11×16 casserole pan with cooking spray. You will assemble starting with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, and 1/2 of cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, and end with last third of noodles topped with sauce. Finally spread 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese over top of the casserole..
- Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, if you want the cheese on top browned and slightly more crispy put under the broiler for a hot minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set up before dishing up. Feed to hungry children and husband!.
The ingredients for my lasagna casserole are pretty similar to regular lasagna ingredients: Meat, onion, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan, pasta sauce, egg, and some seasonings. The main difference is that I forego those pesky lasagna noodles and substitute penne pasta. A pair of stoneware baking dishes with plenty of vintage-style charm, the Oven to Table Casserole Dish Set is perfect for serving directly from the oven to the table. Made from easy-to-clean and heat-retaining ceramic, it's available in several different rustic-chic colors and patterns, some with ruffled. This was a good recipe~ was looking for a "lasagna" recipe,but wanted to use penne pasta instead, since it is what I had on hand.