Chicken Fajitas. Simply combine a mixture of chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and voila, you're ready to make fajitas. Chicken Fajitas Tips What can I use instead of chicken? Fajitas are wonderfully flexible and versatile!
Swap out the chicken for steak, tofu and even portobello mushrooms. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated. You can have Chicken Fajitas using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- You need 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced strips.
- You need 2 of bell peppers sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 8 of small tortillas.
- Prepare of Any other garnishes you may enjoy.
Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Add the chicken, bell pepper and onion, seal. For a casual, fun get-together, set up a make-your-own-fajitas bar with the chicken filling, avocado cream, sour cream, and any other toppings you love, like pico de gallo, sliced fresh jalapeños, or crisp radish slices.
Chicken Fajitas step by step
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Make fajita seasoning: Whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast-iron grill pan or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Toss chicken with 3/4 of fajita seasoning and add to pan. Cook for 6-10 minutes or until browned..
- In a second pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onion and sprinkle with remaining fajita seasoning. Cook until vegetables are soft for about 8-10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- While veggies and meat are cooking, wrap tortillas in tin foil and warm in oven..
- Fill warmed tortillas with chicken, peppers, and onions. Top with favorite garnishes..
Easy Chicken Fajitas are one of our all-time favorite dinners. Tender juicy chicken breasts, fresh crisp peppers, and sweet onions tossed in an easy homemade seasoning and piled high in tortillas. Top these easy fajitas with cheese, sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, and Pico de Gallo! We love fajitas at our house! In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, lime juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt if desired, oregano and cumin.