Mexican Rice. Visit & Look for More Results! Relevant Results on fastquicksearch Very similar to the rice of a famous burrito place, this rice pairs well with Mexican food and can be used as a filler in burritos. Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire.
Add one of these delicious Mexican rice recipes to your dinner menu tonight. Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? You can cook Mexican Rice using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of White rice.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 3 tsp of Chicken flavor bouillon.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño (optional).
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Directions In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.
Mexican Rice step by step
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add rice to oil. Stir constantly until rice turns golden brown..
- Add chicken bouillon and garlic salt.
- Add tomato sauce. OK to substitute for fresh chopped tomato.
- Mix. Add water. Mix again..
- If using jalapeño, cut in half and seed. Then put in saucepan to give extra kick of spice..
- Cover. Lower heat and let simmer about 15 minutes or until all water is gone..
This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water.