Red Curry Coconut Potato Soup. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Red Curry Coconut Potato Soup easy traditional thai soup that packs a punch. The Little Potato Company's Baby Boomers, blended along with a hefty dose of light coconut milk, give this soup an extra velvety smooth texture while retaining a certain "January lightness".
Add vegetable broth and Creamer potatoes. Sauté ginger, garlic, carrot, and red curry paste (very spicy!) or milder yellow curry powder in coconut oil. Add vegetable broth and Creamer potatoes. You can cook Red Curry Coconut Potato Soup using 14 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Curry Coconut Potato Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh minced ginger root.
- Prepare 1 1/2 stalk of minced lemongrass.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s 3 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2/3 lb of shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 6 of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
Add a can of light coconut milk and blend until smooth and creamy. When hot add the onion and reduce heat to medium low and sauté until onions are translucent. Add cubes of potatoes and carrots, grated ginger. Cooking the Soup Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a large pot.
Red Curry Coconut Potato Soup instructions
- Dice and peel potatoes into I inch cubes and place in large sauce pan and boil for 10 mins. In large cooking pot add vegetable oil on medium heat with lemongrass, ginger, cayenne pepper and red curry paste and cook for 1 min. Add chicken stock and stir together. Add fish sauce, brown sugar and potatoes and simmer for 15 mins. Add coconut milk and mushrooms and stir for 10 mins. Add lime juice and garnish with fresh cilantro and serve..
Add the onion, garlic, ginger and sea salt. Cook for about a minute to allow the spices to release their flavour. Remove from the heat and, using a hand-held electric blender, puree the soup until smooth. Cook for a few minutes and then add garlic and stir. Add sweet potatoes, curry powder, and cayenne pepper (reduce or omit for less heat).