Chicken Fajitas. Bestel het lekkerste van Subway gemakkelijk vanuit je luie stoel. Bestel je favoriete gerechten, waar en wanneer je maar wilt online! Homemade Chicken Fajitas Making homemade fajita seasoning is a lot easier than you might think, and you probably already have the ingredients in your spice cabinet.
Fajitas are wonderfully flexible and versatile! To save on prep time, use chicken tenders. They are a tad larger than chicken breast strips, so be sure to add enough time to cook them through. You can have Chicken Fajitas using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- It’s 6 oz of chicken breast.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded Mexican cheese.
- It’s 2 of flour tortillas.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream (light).
- You need 2 of habeñero pappers.
- You need 1/2 of jalapeño.
- You need 1/8 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1/8 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 slice of onion.
- You need 4 tbsp of taco sauce.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Swap out the chicken for steak, tofu and even portobello mushrooms. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated. Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil.
Chicken Fajitas step by step
- Slice chicken breast into 1/2" wide strips, by 1" long. Place strips in Zip-loc bag, add in 3 tbsp taco sauce, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Shake, and let sit for 2 hours..
- Cut sections off bell peppers, and cut into 1/4" wide strips. Cut jalapeño and habeñero peppers into 1/4" slices. Core onion slice, and cut into four sections..
- Combine veggies in bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice, and set aside..
- Combine veggies and chicken strips in frying pan, cook on low – heat to soften peppers and cook chicken. Make sure chicken is cooked to 165°F..
- Take sour cream and cayenne pepper and mix..
- Steam tortillas over frying pan for 30 seconds. Plate tortillas, use 1/8 cup shredded cheese on each tortilla, and evenly split chicken/peppers between tortillas..
- Scoop sour cream mix into Zip-loc bag, cut corner off, and squeeze onto tortillas/plate as desired..
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Add the chicken, bell pepper and onion, seal. For a casual, fun get-together, set up a make-your-own-fajitas bar with the chicken filling, avocado cream, sour cream, and any other toppings you love, like pico de gallo, sliced fresh jalapeños, or crisp radish slices. Easy Chicken Fajitas are one of our all-time favorite dinners. Tender juicy chicken breasts, fresh crisp peppers, and sweet onions tossed in an easy homemade seasoning and piled high in tortillas.