Beef Stew. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Beef Meat? Check Out Beef Meat on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
Clean out the frying pan and fry the beef in the remaining oil in batches until it is well browned, then tip each batch into the slow cooker. Stroganoff, goulash, oxtail, daube – many cultures across Europe have their own version of the humble beef stew, probably because it is so simple to make and yet wonderfully rewarding. Enriched with pearl barley or cooked with dumplings, it can be the ultimate one-pot meal. You can cook Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- You need of (2.5 Lbs) Chuck Roast.
- It’s of (2) Cups of beef broth.
- It’s of (6) Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need of (3) Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s of (3/4) Cup of Flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of (2) Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s of (1) Onion, diced.
- Prepare of (1) Large can diced tomatoes.
- It’s of (5) Potatoes, diced. Skin on.
- It’s of (5) Carrots, skinned and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- You need of (4) Cups of water. (Approximately).
For the beef stew, heat the oil and butter in an ovenproof casserole and fry the beef until browned on all sides. Season the beef with some of the salt and pepper and coat with flour. In a casserole over medium-high heat, Saute the beef and shallots in the butter and oil until browned on the outside. Drain the oil from the casserole and stir in the tomatoes, water and stock cubes.
Beef Stew step by step
- Dice Chuck Roast into 1inch pieces..
- Put flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Add diced Chuck Roast. Mix/coat well..
- In a cast iron pan, heat Olive Oil, butter. Fry the flour coated Chuck Roast until dark brown, in batches as not to over fill pan. Add in Balsamic Vinegar to first batch..
- In a large pot, add the beef broth and diced tomatoes..
- Dice potatoes, carrots and Onion..
- Add all of the fried Chuck to pot. Add the remaining juices from cast iron pan to pot. Add the water..
- Add all the vegetables to pot. At this point make sure there is enough water in pot to cover everything well..
- Cover and simmer on very Low for 4-5 hour's. Checking every few hours on the liquid. Add some water when or if you need to..
- Enjoy with some cornbread or bread and butter..
Season with garlic, parsley, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. In a large casserole, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve stock cubes in water and pour into pan. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper. In a large dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, heat oil.