Bread Pudding. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics & Find your next favourite book Everything You Love On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Rip the bread into small pieces and place into a bowl with the sultanas.
An old-fashioned English bread and butter pudding that goes easy on the wallet. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. Home » Recipes » Bread » Old Fashioned Bread Pudding. You can have Bread Pudding using 30 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- You need of A. Bread Pudding.
- You need 8-10 slices of bread (buttered).
- Prepare of (Or use croissants, brioche etc).
- It’s 60 g of butter (melted).
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 of white sugar.
- It’s 500 ml of thickened cream.
- It’s of (Or milk. We use whatever available but love thickened cream).
- It’s of B. Sauce.
- You need 300 g of milk (or use both cream & milk- anything available).
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of sugar/maple syrup.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of custard powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanila extract.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg (opt).
- Prepare of Note: Some using only egg yolks (4-5 yolks) and cream instead of milk for sauce. For this type of sauce, do not add flour for thickening.
- You need of It’s simpler but for that much of yolks i have to come up with another dish/recipe for the egg whites. Adjust & taste.
- It’s of C. Optional Sauce Recipe (fr drive me hungry).
- Prepare 1/2 C of milk.
- You need 1/2 C of half and half.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolk.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of Note: if half and half is not available – use 1 C of milk + 1 tbsp melted butter.
- You need of Cream sugar & egg yolk.
- It’s of Heat milk to a slightly simmer. Ladle milk into egg yolk mixture slowly until finish & keep whisking in between additions.
- Prepare spoon of Return mixture to the pot & heat until sauce thickens & coats at the back of the.
- It’s of Add vanilla once it cools.
Delicious warm with custard or cold as a cake. Bread Pudding is a nostalgic blast from the past for most people. The main ingredients in this traditional Bread Pudding recipe are fruit, milk and wholemeal bread, so we can kid ourselves it's good for us too! Cut the bread up into one inch squares and put into a large bowl cover with water and leave to soak for half an hour or so.
Bread Pudding instructions
- A. For Bread pudding – prepare ingredients- melt butter. Put aside. Grease ramekins with butter. Prepare bread – use any type of bread available – white, brioche, croissants. For white bread, trim the edges & butter both sides. cut into preferred size. Place/arrange cut bread into greased ramekins. Keep aside. Layer with sultanas (optional / if available).
- Crack eggs, stir in sugar & melted butter until well mixed. Next, add thickened cream. Whisk until well combined. Using a fine sieve, Strain this mixture into another bowl. Then, Ladle this mixture over the bread in ramekins & place ramekins in a bain marie. Bake at 180°C for 20-25mins or until the bread is golden in colour & filling is slightly set. Note: Preheat oven to 180°C & prepare water bath/ bain marie before baking bread pudding..
- B. Sauce – crack egg & whisk in corn flour, custard powder & maple syrup or sugar until well combined. We use maple syrup. Anything available. Put aside. scald milk over medium heat (This is use to temper the egg). Turn off the heat..
- Ladle scalded milk into egg mixture slowly while whisking quickly until well combined. Ladle milk in batches. (Skipping this step, risking eggy sauce & curdled egg/sauce, so, avoid skipping this process). Return to the heat and keep whisking (over medium heat first then switch to low) until mixture thickened. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla extract once sauce is slightly cooled/warm..
- Serve bread pudding with sauce..
Begin by placing the sultanas, currants, raisins and candied peel in a bowl. Pour over the brandy and leave aside to marinate. The classic bread and butter pudding fills households with fantastic sweet smells and brings comfort like no other dessert. If you're craving something sweet, try our original bread and butter pudding recipe or give our blueberry and lemon curd creation a go. I also use a very old tupperware strainer with bowl & use my potato masher to 'mash' out any excess water (I use to demonstrate.