Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake). Food you never knew you wanted. Great discounts and savings on top home brands. Whip the heavy cream (for the cream cheese mousse) until it forms thick ribbons when the whisk is lifted.
So I created this by incorporating things that my son and husband like. Zuccotto is a sponge cake molded into a dome and filled with cream and chocolate mousse. Cut a circle of one sponge cake layer with a pasta cutter to fit the bottom of the bowl. You can have Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) using 25 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake)
- Prepare 1 of Sponge cake (refer to the following recipe: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake).
- Prepare of Decoration.
- It’s 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 15 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Strawberries.
- You need 1 of Blueberries.
- It’s 1 of Silver dragées.
- Prepare 1 of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1 of Diced almonds.
- It’s of Chocolate mousse.
- It’s 60 grams of Chocolate.
- You need 30 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 dash of Rum (optional).
- It’s 2 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- You need 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s of ☆No-bake cream cheese mousse with strawberries and blueberries.
- It’s 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s 3 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Water.
- You need 80 grams of Strawberries.
- You need 30 grams of Blueberries.
- Prepare 35 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of Lemon juice.
- It’s 20 grams of ＊ Yogurt.
- You need 100 grams of ＊ Cream cheese.
See recipes for Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) too. A rich and chocolaty dessert, made with a fluffy chocolate cake base, topped with a light and airy white & dark chocolate mousse. Zuccotto is a molded and richly layered pastry or ice cream filled sponge cake dessert. The word "zuccotto" means "pumpkin" in Italian; the dessert was originally molded into the shape of a pumpkin.
Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) step by step
- Prepare the sponge cake. I use this recipe here: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake.
- Slice the sponge cake into 4 layers..
- Cut one layer into 4 strips and another into a smaller circle..
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap and place 1 layer of the sliced sponge cake at the bottom. Line the sides with the 4 strips of cake..
- Cover the bowl from Step 4 and the rest of the sponge cake with plastic wrap. Whip the heavy cream (for the cream cheese mousse) until it forms thick ribbons when the whisk is lifted..
- Cut the strawberries in small pieces and combine with blueberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Microwave at 500 W for 1 minute..
- Combine the water and gelatin. Microwave at 500W for 30 seconds. Add the berry mixture from Step 6 and ingredients in a blender and blend. Blend in the heated gelatin afterwards..
- Add the mixture from Step 7 into the whipped cream from Step 5 and mix thoroughly..
- Pour in the batter from Step 8 into the bowl from Step 4..
- Place the small circular sponge cake on top, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge..
- Let's make the chocolate mousse. Roughly chop the chocolate and combine with the milk. Microwave at 600 W for 1 minute and mix well..
- Sprinkle in the powdered gelatin and mix well..
- While letting the chocolate mixture cool, whip the heavy cream until it forms thick ribbons when the whisk is lifted..
- Add the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and mix thoroughly..
- Take the cake from Step 10 out of the fridge, and pour in the mixture from Step 14..
- Place the remaining sponge cake, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 1 to 1.5 hours to harden..
- Remove from fridge, take off the plastic wrap and place the bottom of the mold on top..
- Flip it over on a cake plate or a rack..
- Add the sugar into heavy cream, whip until soft peaks form, and spread it around the cake..
- Decorate with strawberries, blueberries and it's done..
- My son decorated it into a Christmas cake using some meringue sweets. He has a surprisingly good taste!.
- The inside looks like this..
It is widely believed to have been inspired by the dome of Florence, the main cathedral in Italy.. Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) Recipe by cookpad.japan. Great recipe for Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake). I was determined to make a zuccotto cake for Christmas but only had a vague idea at first. So I created this by incorporating things that my son and husband like.