Pulled Pork. Check Out Pulled Pork on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Check every few hours in case it gets dry – if it does, add another mugful of cider.
Pork shoulder is ideal for pulling purposes. It has an optimum fat content that yields to create tender, melty meat, but it's essential you cook it slowly to allow the protein to break down properly. Take it out of the oven too early and you may as well dine on a pair of wellies. You can have Pulled Pork using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork
- You need 5-6 lbs of pork shoulder or butt.
- Prepare 1 of medium white or yellow onion, sliced into half moons.
- Prepare of Dry rub, recipe follow.
- Prepare of Tap water.
- It’s 1-2 bottles of bbq sauce, such as Dinosaur Barbeque original.
- Prepare of Dry rub.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Reduce the heat to a steady simmer, cover with a lid and cook. Pulled pork is an American favourite – slow cooked pork in a sweet and spicy sauce, traditionally served on fluffy buns. Make pulled pork for a casual weekend get together and serve on baps with coleslaw for something irresistible! Top pulled pork recipes Pressure cooker pulled pork Pulled jerk pork with rice and avocado Rubbed with a medley of paprika, jerk seasoning, sugar and salt, and slow-cooked until mouthwateringly tender, this main is worth the wait.
Pulled Pork step by step
- Dry the pork on all sides with a paper towel. Mix dry rub ingredients together in a bowl, then sprinkle on all sides of the pork and massage into meat..
- Allow meat to come to room temp on the counter for about 1 hour. Add the sliced onions to the slow cooker, then add the pork, fat side up. Fill the slow cooker 3/4 full with water. Cover with lid and cook on low 8-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Turning once half way through..
- Remove the meat and onions from the crock pot with tongs. Discard the cooking liquid. Shred the meat and return meat and onions back to crock pot. Add 1 bottle of bbq sauce and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or more..
- Serve on top of potato buns with extra bbq sauce to taste. Goes well with green apple coleslaw..
Drizzle a little olive oil over the pork and season generously with sea salt, black pepper and the paprika. Many people eat pulled pork without knowing which cut it is made from, so don't worry if you're lost. If you're making it from scratch, you will want to use the pork shoulder joint. This is because this cut is most suited to slow cooking, which is primarily what gives pulled pork its rich, tasty texture and flavour. Pulled pork is, I think, American barbecue as its best – meat cooked so gently and tenderly that it can be gently teased apart by forks, or, more often fingers – smoky, juicy, and served with an.