Red Wine Beef Stew. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Add the beef in batches, cooking a few pieces at a time to brown them.
Heat a glug of oil in the casserole over a high heat. Meanwhile, heat another glug of oil in the casserole over. The beef in this stew is meltingly tender. You can have Red Wine Beef Stew using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Wine Beef Stew
- It’s 3 lbs of Beef Chuck cubed.
- You need 3 of shallots or yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 2 stalks of celery diced.
- Prepare 4 of large russet potatoes peeled,rinsed and cubed.
- Prepare 1,5 cups of Pinot Noir, or Italian Chianti.
- You need 2 cups of Beef broth or, chicken stock or water.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of Tblsp spoon salt.
- Prepare 2 of tblsp ground black pepper.
- You need 3 of tblspoon olive oil.
- You need 1 of Tblsp tomato paste.
It's the perfect food for the cold winter months. Red Wine Beef Stew is loaded with vegetables and a savory broth. Add a slice of crusty bread and you are all set! Red wine brings out flavors from a hearty beef broth.
Red Wine Beef Stew instructions
- Heat up a skillet add Olive oil in the mean time take beef and dust with flour just coated add to heated skillet brown meat on all sides then take out of pan and set a side on a plate.
- Add shallots, salt and pepper, tomato paste saute for a minute add garlic and red wine, broth bring to simmer..
- Put potatoes carrots, thyme, celery and beef in a slow cooker add broth mixture cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours place in a bowl add parsley enjoy🤗.
It can be omitted if you don't cook with alcohol, but keep in mind that alcohol will burn off during the cooking process. Add the beef, flour, tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce. Turn up the heat and brown the meat for a minute or so, stirring. Bring to the boil, then turn down to the lowest setting until the stew is barely simmering. Add the onions and garlic and fry until translucent.