Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie. Chocolate Covered Strawberries Made With The Finest Ingredients Perfect For Every Occasion. Arrange strawberry halves in a single layer in the bottom of the crust. For filling, whisk sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, spices, and salt in heavy medium saucepan to combine.
Add chocolate mixture and process until crumbs are evenly moistened. Arrange strawberry halves in a single layer on top of crust. Arrange strawberry halves in a single layer in the bottom of the crust. You can cook Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie
- It’s of crust.
- It’s of Non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- You need 6 Tbl (3/4 stick) of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 oz of semisweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 7 oz of chocolate wafer cookies (about 30 cookies).
- It’s 1 pint of strawberries, trimmed and halfed.
- Prepare of filling.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 Tbl of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 6 of lg egg yolks.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 6 oz of semisweet chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 Tbl of bourbon.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
For filling, whisk sugar, corn flour, cocoa powder, spices, and salt in heavy medium saucepan to combine. Whisk in egg yolks to form thick paste. To assemble pie, spoon chocolate filling into pie shell. If the filling is too thick and cold, add some whipping cream to form the filling (slightly thicker than pudding).
Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie instructions
- Lightly spray 9” Pie dish with nonstick spray. Prepare crust:.
- Place the butter and chopped chocolate in microwave safe bowl, heat on high for 30 seconds or until just melted. Stir until smooth..
- Finely grind cookies in food processor. Add chocolate mixture and process until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press into Pie dish and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes..
- Arrange strawberry halves in a single layer on top of crust..
- Prepare filling:.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, spices, and salt in medium heavy saucepan to combine. Whisk in egg yolks to form thick paste..
- Whisk in milk, then whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute. Remove from heat..
- Add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in bourbon and vanilla. Cool 5 minutes, whisking occasionally..
- Pour filling over strawberries in crust until level with top of crust..
- Chill until set, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Top with fresh whipped cream and more strawberries, if desired..
Top with the strawberry filling and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to set. Sprinkle the top with chocolate shavings. This delicious Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie is an easier alternative way to serve your dessert without any baking efforts, so easy to make and can be served in half an hour. A fabulous dessert for tea time or after meal treat if you have sweet tastebud. You can also top the pie with fresh berries, whipped cream.