Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice. Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl.
In this version, chicken is marinated in vinegar and soy sauce, then slowly cooked with garlic and spices. The best way to eat chicken adobo is to have it with warm white rice. The combo is simply known as Chicken Adobo and Rice. You can have Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice
- Prepare of Chicken and marinade.
- Prepare 1.5 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of + 2 tbs white vinegar.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of For cooking.
- You need 2 tbs. of Canola oil.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of small onion diced.
- It’s 1.5 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tbs. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs. of whole black pepper.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- It’s 2 of green onions, sliced.
Pouring some of the adobo sauce over rice before eating is a good idea because it makes it more flavorful. The famous Chicken Adobo originated in the Philippines. The dish is prepared using the Inadobo. To complete the dish, serve the chicken over fluffy white rice.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice step by step
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through..
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside..
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes..
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes..
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup..
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself – it will thicken much quicker – then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze..
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice..
Dollop with as much sauce as you like (the more, the merrier), and top with thinly slice scallions.. Remove the chicken and place in a clean plate while sautéing the garlic. Add the chicken back and then pour the remaining marinade ingredients. I add a piece of Knorr Chicken Cube to make my adobo tastier. It makes a huge difference for the better.