Boiled White Rice. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over. Let the water come to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat until it maintains a gentle bubbling simmer. Stir in the rice, butter and salt.
Directions In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, butter, and a large pinch of salt. GH TIP: To up the flavor, swap the. You can cook Boiled White Rice using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Boiled White Rice
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of white rice extra long grain.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
When comparing parboiled rice and white rice, parboiled rice is a far better choice in terms of health benefits and nutritional values. While this works well for all three types of rice, for brown rice I prefer a method I learned years ago from Saveur. If your recipe calls for white rice, lower the heat and simmer it until it's al dente, or still has a bit of a crunch. How To Boil White Rice Place rice into a medium-size saucepan, add water.
Boiled White Rice step by step
- In a saucepan place the rice.
- Oil, mix.
- At medium/high temperature cook semi-covered for 10 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to medium/low, cook covered for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off and let it rest covered for 5-10 minutes. In a total time of 20 minutes of cooking do not stir the rice, after the rest 5-10 minutes the rice should not have water (remember the brown rice requires more quantity of water for cooking).
Rice must be level to ensure it cooks evenly. Starch is a type of carbohydrate found in grains, beans and potatoes and is the primary type of carbohydrate in white rice. Over medium-high heat, bring rice and water to a boil. You want to bring it to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat so it simmers for the rest of the cooking. Since nothing has been stripped from brown rice, it is generally higher in fiber, vitamins and minerals than white rice.