German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars. These delicious bars made with Gold Medal® flour are a mixture of rich German chocolate cake and gooey, nutty pecan pie, combined into one irresistible dessert. German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are a wonderfully delicious combination of chocolate crust, more chocolate, coconut, and pecans. German Chocolate-Pecan Pie Bars is a dessert with unsurpassed chocolate decadence!
As with any baking project, the secret to stress-free baking is planning ahead. These German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars will feed an army (well, maybe just a small army, but still more than a normal pie!). If you've got a crowd to satisfy, these bars work great. You can cook German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- You need 3 cups of Pecan halves & pieces.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cold butter, cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate morsels.
- You need 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 cup of sweeten flaked coconut.
Arrange pecans in a single layer of a shallow baking pan. These German chocolate pecan pie bars are sweetened with dates, coconut sugar, and maple syrup instead of the traditional corn syrup and refined sugar. These natural sweeteners still have quite a few calories, but they don't cause huge blood sugar spikes like regular sugar and corn syrup. Also known as German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars, these delightful desserts combine the tastes of a traditionally European chocolate cake with an all-American pecan pie without being overly complicated or time-consuming.
German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake pecans in a single layer in shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through..
- Line bottom and sides of 13 X 9-inch pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Lightly grease foil..
- Pulse flour and next 3 ingredients in a food processor 5 to 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture on bottom and 3/4 inch up sides of prepared pan..
- Bake crust at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle chocolate morsels over crust. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Whisk together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Stir in coconut and toasted pecans, and spoon into prepared crust..
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and set. Cool completely on wire rack (about 1 hour.) chill 1 hour. Lift bake bars from pan, using foil sides as handles. Transfer to cutting board; cut into bars..
In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Surprisingly, pecan pie is a relative latecomer to the Southern table. Twenty years later, Marion Brown's landmark Southern cookbook proclaimed it "the South's most. Whisk the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until light-colored and well blended.